Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
Meredith

Re: can't log in - spotify won't accept password and log in with facebook doesn't work either

Didi & TorraMcFarland- The next thing I'd recommend is temporarily changing your password (via the Facebook website) to something short and simple without any special characters. 

Test that change by logging in and out of the Spotify website. Once that's gone through, then do a clean reinstallation of the application--making sure to clear the cache as well. 

Let us know how that works for you. 

tanyam- I've just sent an email  your way confirming your log in details. Please check your personal inbox when you have a second. 

Music Fan
marclindsaty

Re: can't log in - spotify won't accept password and log in with facebook doesn't work either

Absolutely nothing works whatsoever to avoid Spotify saying my password is not correct.  It's coming from FaceBook!!  I even reset it.   It won't even let me make a different acct., it defaults to FB and even opens Spotify from FB whose password is correct.  No matter what; there is absolutely no way around this alleged incorrect password which is not incorrect.  Don't want my business Spotify?  Fine.  Keep your lousy site that doesn't work.  Good luck with your crap.....

Music Fan
Bambi

I got the same problem.

It is really, really annoying that there is no usefull support at all for this big issue for quite some time now. I started having this about a month ago and since then literally nothing has happened. I contacted the customer support twice, receiving two times a completely useless response, that didn't even answer my question. I tried everything the support told me, changing my fb-password, reinstalling the software and so on and still the only advice the support can give is exactly what i already tried over and over again. It makes me feel being treated like an idiot.

Come on, solve this! Or at least start with giving some decent advice.

Gig Goer
southlunds

Aloha Meredith

Any chance you could tell me how to play my offline play list when I am out of service and no wifi? Please.

I got an Iphone and when I click on the spotify app normally it tried to log in but fail and I could just click/push cancel and I ended up at my play lists, now it wont let me at all. I keep coming back to login screen!

Music Fan
ShiroiSame

Re: Just downloaded app to my macbook, now I can't login!

I've just download the mac app but it still repeating that the login is wrong... I'm using my facebook credential... I don't know what's going on... someone can help me?

Thanks

Gig Goer
MikeJaco12

Dear Spotify,

You're a **bleep**ty product with stupid people running it, congratulations on having such a great idea without any true way to contact you other than this community, but don't worry I'm not posting to tell you how great you are. Having made it as far as you have, maybe it's time for an actual telephone support line, otherwise please do continue being jackasses without any actual troubleshooting for the incomplete service you offer. Fix this problem, I cannot log into my spotify off of my windows pc, I am online, I did connect through facebook, I can log into your website and voice my complaints, and I can use the app on android with it's minimal features, I have uninstalled and reinstalled your software countless times to make it work. THE ONLY THING I CAN'T DO IS ACTUALLY USE YOUR PROGRAM ON MY COMPUTER, YOU KNOW, HOW IT'S MEANT TO BE USED. I've been searching for months for a solution, but just find more and more people you're ignoring about this. You're customer service and inactiveness has left me wanting.

Sincerely, 

You have my facebook. You know who I am, you know what I do, which is more than I can say about your business and the service you offer.

Gig Goer
MikeJaco12

Meridith,

My advice to you is find a real solution and find it fast.

Music Lover
BobbyBee

[ Edited ]

I signed in with my Facebook account too. Now I can't log into my profile using my username (1154546066) as I've forgotten the password. Help!

Community Manager
Meredith

[ Edited ]

Hi MikeJaco12, thanks for writing to us on the Community. In order for me to help troubleshoot this with you I'll need just a bit more info. 

1. Operating system you're using on your PC

2. Spotify app currently installed

3. Exactly which error codes/ messages appearing after logging in

Once we have those details we can keep investigating this with you. Also, just for future reference, you can also reach our CS team via our contact form if want help without going through the Community. 

Thanks!

Hi ShiroiSame - Are you still having trouble? If so, please let me know your Mac's OS X and exactly what error message/ codes you're getting. 

Hey BobbyBee - Not to worry. As you signed up through Facebook it's the exact same email and password. If you need a password reset, just head over to the FB website. 

Gig Goer
MikeJaco12

Meredith,

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1)  64x, when I attempt to log in it says "log in failed: password or username is incorrect" but that's nonsense because I'm logging into my Facebook without issue. I have the current version of Spotify and have tried installing earlier versions of it to fix the issue, no cigar. You've asked 3 questions, I get 1: Are you actually a male using a female handle to seem friendlier and disarming? Also, it might be good business practice to privately provide some promotional codes to users who are experiencing these issues since some of them continued to pay for membership even though your program isn't working. 

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.