Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

cant login on windows and iphone

Solved!

cant login on windows and iphone

hi..... i have registerd my account with spotify.com. using the spotify premium but i cant seem to login on my computer using windows and my mobile phone on my iphone. Please help me. Im currently using the same account and password as i have registered here in this community. I have read the listed solutions for the same problems but to no avail it wont solve my problem. I can login using my facebook account. but i have registered the premium using spotify username not using the facebook. What can i do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Cant log in into the windows and phone. Did reinstalls, clean installs, password changes, etc. It only worked when i constantly log in using my username despite the login failure, eventually it work somehow. Somehow it has something to do with their servers, not on our accounts.

View solution in original post

25 Replies

Hello, welcome to the community @spinxstinks!

Are you getting any error codes when you try to login? Also, have you tried a password reset here? (Try using your Spotify username instead of your email). 

EDIT: Make sure you are using your Spotify username and password (not an email) when you login to the desktop client, and iPhone.

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I only get "Login failed. The usernae or password is incorrect". I have tried to use both of my email and username to login using the same password, but i still cant connect. But i can connect to spotify.com using the same details. Please help me. What can i do?

I also changed my passwords many times already. Yet i cannot connect with windows and Iphone. but can connect here with spotify.com. I have used only the spotify username.

Hello again! 

You can try a clean install and if that does not work you should get in touch with Spotify for this, you can do that here. If you get an automated reply, reply directly to that email (even if it is a no-reply)

I hope this gets fixed for you! 🙂 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

I have excatly the same issue. I can't connect my account with my android and windows. I think, there's an error in the Spotify's servers that have not updated the accounts to link with the mobile applications. The solution, probably is go on logging along the day and try many times with this until you can login. I tried this one time with positive results. But I have another account now and the same history again.

I hope that Spotify can fix this bug.

Same problem over here - registered by Spotify.com, not facebook. Can log in to main Spotify.com website to access my account profile, but can't login to the PC Application, android applciation, or even the web player. I have reset my password multiple times, did fresh install etc - still CANNOT login. This cannot be a problem with an "install"- I have tried logging in to the Spotfiy web player on several independent computers -I still CANNOT login to the music player but CAN login to my Spotify.com account.  Anybody else having this problem or have a solution? I emailed spotify and replied to their "no reply".

I'm also having this problem. I can login to Spotify.com without a problem, but can not log in to the Spotify program that is installed on my Windows 7 or Windows Vista computer. I tried turning off my firewall, resetting password, re-installing spotify.

I'm convinced that the problem is with Spotify and not with anything I am doing

same issue here, signed up for free trial, able to log into account page but not into spotify. no error messages, just says unable to log in, username/password incorrect..

FIX IT!!!! I need some music 🙂

I have the same problems. It started yesterday and it's very frustrating!

I can log in to my Spotify account on the web browser, but I can not log in on any apps. Not even on the app for the PC. I can't log in on my iPad nor on my Windows Phone either. It sucks.

I've contacted Spotify support and they only come back with "Make sure you log in with your username not with your email". Well, I did that already, so... 😞

Please fix this, Spotify. My sister signed on to her facebook account on the same laptop yesterday but that should not have meant that I can't log back into my Spotify, sheesh.

Very unhappy right now.

YeA i have messaged the support too to fix this bug. I havent received any reply from them since then. Its not an isolated issue and really happenong to other users as well and no specific error. Spotify should address this issue/bug since we have paid and availed for their premium service. Look at this administrators. This is a simple login issue. We can log here at your website or access our accounts but not on your application, either on pc and phones. Please fix this!!

Hi guys im quoting what patricio said on my post. He is right. You just have to keep logging on your accounts no matter how frustrating it is. I am able to log in with my username on my iphone. It has something to do with their servers yesterday, the accounts are not immediately linked to their applications. Any solution they have provided did not work, excet they should have said "log in to your accounts eventually it will log in" lol.

Hi i had the same issue and ive tried to reinstall the application both on my iphone and windows. Ive tried to reset my password several times but still to no avail. I hope spotify gets this sorted asap.
Marked as solution

I had the same problem. Cant log in into the windows and phone. Did reinstalls, clean installs, password changes, etc. It only worked when i constantly log in using my username despite the login failure, eventually it work somehow. Somehow it has something to do with their servers, not on our accounts.

Well apparently now it works-  must have been a server side issue like you mentioned. almost gave up entirely.

your lucky mate!

I still cant log into any devices!! Only thing that works is accessing my account on the web..

It works now for me 🙂

Thanks Spotify!

Working now for me too. Thanks Spotify! Time to play some music.

Working for me as well.

Thanks for the quick fix Spotify

I cant login in on any of my devices. When I log in with facebook it works but my premium subsciption is not linked to it. I have tried several times to long in with the spotify usernme and password and that still does not work. It keeps saying wrong log in so I keep going bck to change the password and then try again. It is still not working. SPOTIFY!!! WHAT IS GOING ON? I am becoming extremely frustrated.

Suggested posts