Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

change from premium to free - premium is not available in my country (Germany)

change from premium to free - premium is not available in my country (Germany)

Hey!

Four days ago my spotify account changed from premium to free.

First I thought it has something to do with the bank holidays (Easter) so the payment was not done on the 19th. On 22nd the payment was done but I still do not have my premium account back. As it is done via direct debit I cannot influence the date.

Unfortunately I didn't receive a feedback from Spotify support (more than two days now).

Then there is another strange thing: when I click on the buttom to get premium, I get to the website of spotify with the message that Spotify premium is not available in my region/country. I live in Germany and was able to use premium the last years.

Can anyone help me, please?

Thanks

Kathrin

8 Replies

I'm assuming you pay via Sofortdauerauftrag? If that is the case, there appears to be an issue with that payment method so support will need to lend a hand to get you back up and running. 

If you haven't already done so, please reply directly to the automated email which you will have received when you opened a case (even if the email is from no-reply) and that will ensure your case reaches an adviser. 

If you could also post your 8-digit case number here, we can ask for it to be chased up for you. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey!

I replied to that no-reply e-mail two days ago and still no answer. I don't know what to say about that...

Here is my number 1125002045. Hope you can help me 🙂

Kathrin

Hello!

Same Problem here... Also Sofortüberweisung, also no Reply by Customer-Service. Since we are paying for the Service, this is really feeling awkward and I'm hoping for some kind of refund. My Case No. is 01404626 and I'll reply to the no-reply now (which is a strange advice btw).

Thanks,

MM

Getting these escalated over to the payments guys for you now.

Peter

Hi guys,

Just to let you know, both your cases are with the right team and you'll get an email soon.

Thanks for your pateince!

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

I received an e-mail.
After I proved that the money was taken from my bank account Spotify does not give me my paid premium back. No reasons mentioned. All they say is that they are sorry blablabla....

Ok I understood that I have to cancel sofortüberweisung but why is it necessary to prove that I have done this before getting premiun back? I paid for this more than a week ago and do not get what I paid.

Unbelievable. .. I do not know what to do...

My case number 01397884 btw ...

Just keep replying to the emails from support, unfortunately once it is their hands there isn't much else Spotify Community can do to help.

Peter

Suggested posts