Help - Accounts and Subscriptions

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
SKINNYHIPPY
Accepted Solution

changing premium account to students account

HELP ! i have a spotify premium account but I've recently become a student.

I have an NUS card but how can I apply the student discount to my existing account ?

Peter
Kudos: 12,319
Solutions: 3,374
I'm a Community Rock Star

Re: changing premium account to students account

Hey! Welcome to the community :) 

NUS is great isn't it! :D

Just go to https://www.spotify.com/uk/nus/ and then press the massive "Sign up" button, it will take you to a page where you can select "Already have a Spotify account? Click here to log in", then just sign in using your premium account details, enter your NUS card number and Date of Birth and your discounted subscription will be applied from your next payment date.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Yoda and Bug Whisperer

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Music Lover
SKINNYHIPPY

thanks for that - it appears to be suffering 'technical problems' but i'll keep trying

thanks again.

Peter

[ Edited ]

Silly computers must be acting up! 

Give it 24 hours, if it doesn't decide to work just post back here ;) 

Peter

Peter

Music Fan
Pavlos

Hello!!

I am about to activate the student discount on my already existing premium account. However, when I follow the steps for the activation I am directed to unsubscribe. This is what it appears :
"To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first, please visit yoursubscription page do this." 

Is that the regular procedure or I do sth wrong? And if its correct, I am not gonna lose the remainder of the month that is already paid?

Thanks,

Pavlos

Adam

Pavlos wrote:

Hello!!

I am about to activate the student discount on my already existing premium account. However, when I follow the steps for the activation I am directed to unsubscribe. This is what it appears :
"To be able to apply for the student discount you need to cancel you current subscription first, please visit yoursubscription page do this." 

Is that the regular procedure or I do sth wrong? And if its correct, I am not gonna lose the remainder of the month that is already paid?

Thanks,

Pavlos

I've just checked your account and the NUS discount seems to be on there okay. Your next payment (~28th May) should be at the £4.99 rate and then you'll have an extra fiver a month to spend on noodles and beer. ;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.
Music Fan
Wrighty

Hi- I've just upgraded from Unlimited to Premium wishing to use my nus extra card. It told me to upgrade first then apply discount. I'm being told to cancel my subscription- wilol I lose my playlists cancelling one account to open another with discount applied?current status says I will be billed £9.99.

Thanks for any advice.

Peter

Wrighty wrote:

Hi- I've just upgraded from Unlimited to Premium wishing to use my nus extra card. It told me to upgrade first then apply discount. I'm being told to cancel my subscription- wilol I lose my playlists cancelling one account to open another with discount applied?current status says I will be billed £9.99.

Thanks for any advice.

If you change accounts and therefore usernames then yes you will loose playlists unless you manually copy them over or get the Spotify team involved to do it for you. 

However that shouldn't be neccessary, if you now have a rolling monthly premium subscription set up, you should now be able to apply your NUS discount to the next 12 payments. 

Peter

Peter

Concert Regular
Gstro

[ Edited ]
Hi, I am currently in a free trial and want to continue with my nus number, however, I have just tried this and it appears I have to cancel my account, happy to do this but the full 9.99 has already been taken a day early and I have been charged for a full month....please help. Thanks
Concert Regular
Gstro

How do we apply the nus discount to my existing account then please?
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.