Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

delink unlimited account from facebook

delink unlimited account from facebook

hello, i created an account on spotify using facebook and upgraded to unlimited. well, i wanna take a pause from facebook, so what i did is deaktivating my facebook-account. now, when i log in to spotify, it activates my facebook-account again, don't want that. is there a solution for this? is it maybe possible to copy my FB-account to a original spotify-account and delink them? thanks for any help

10 Replies

No, it isn't at the moment. As the two accounts share a login system, you'll need that Facebook account open in order to log into your Spotify.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

argh, start a new account on spotify with other email and translate paying to that one? 

Hello again. You'll still need to sign up through Facebook to create an account if you do this.

If you'd like to swap your playlists and subscription over to another account, Customer Support will be able to help. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll help you as soon as they can.

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Are you guys serious? You can't move an account from Facebook to a regular login for a PAYING member? 

Unfortunately that is correct.

The spotify accounts use a different log in system to the Facebook ones, and therefore they are seperate and not interchangable.

If you want to move to a Spotify account from a Facebook one, you will need to create a new Spotify (non-Facebook) account and then get in touch with customer support using the online contact form. They should be able to move all of your subscriptions and playlists over to your knew account as well as closing the Facebook one if you like.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Guys.  I have a Premium account which I set up last year.  I set it up with my email not my facebook account.  Now I find I can't login with my email, only Facebook detailS.  I am SUPER unhappy about this.  I pay 11 bucks a month to use this service and I expect to be able to set it up and run it as I choose.  I know you are desperate to use my Facebook profile to market to my friends and keep track of my personal info - BUT IT'S NOT COOL DUDES!  

Whats more - I can't call anyone - I'm expected to post in a random community page.  Not awesome customer service guys!

So.....  I want my account fixed by Friday (today is Wednesday).  I want all my songs and playlists in a new account set up with my email.  I don't want that account to talk to Facebook at all.  Ever! 

Pls contact me ASAP.

@Kittykoala wrote:

Guys.  I have a Premium account which I set up last year.  I set it up with my email not my facebook account.  Now I find I can't login with my email, only Facebook detailS.  I am SUPER unhappy about this.  I pay 11 bucks a month to use this service and I expect to be able to set it up and run it as I choose.  I know you are desperate to use my Facebook profile to market to my friends and keep track of my personal info - BUT IT'S NOT COOL DUDES!  

Whats more - I can't call anyone - I'm expected to post in a random community page.  Not awesome customer service guys!

So.....  I want my account fixed by Friday (today is Wednesday).  I want all my songs and playlists in a new account set up with my email.  I don't want that account to talk to Facebook at all.  Ever! 

Pls contact me ASAP.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

You can get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to assist you with this.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The spotify accounts use a different log in system to the Facebook ones, and therefore they are seperate and not interchangable.

If you want to move to a Spotify account from a Facebook one, you will need to create a new Spotify (non-Facebook) account and then get in touch with customer support using the online contact form. They should be able to move all of your subscriptions and playlists over to your knew account as well as closing the Facebook one if you like.

"knew account"  Really?

I'm sorry to hear that your system is incapable of accomodating such a service since Facebook is being all but shoved down everyone's throat.  As of yesterday I am no longer a Facebook user and once my montly subscription expires I'll be returning to Pandora.

Thank you for your disservice.

how can i deaktivate my spotify account?

You can cancel your subscription from your subscription page. If you just want to delete your account, fill in and send off this contact form.

Suggested posts