Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

delte account - doom loop

delte account - doom loop

Hi,

I want to delete my spotify account. But there is one big problem. I tried to get in touch with Spotify through contact form, just like many spotify moderators told the people to do. But if I do so, I get following reply from Spotify:

"Wenn du eine Frage zu Spotify hast, solltest du zuerst zur Spotify-Gemeinschaft gehen http://community.spotify.com/ , um die Unterstützung anderer Nutzer zu erhalten. Das ist auch ein guter Platz, um sämtliche Unternehmens-Neuigkeiten, die deinen Service betreffen könnten, zu lesen sowie deine eigene Ideen und Feedback zu veröffentlichen." 

It means something like: "If you have a question regarding Spotify, please contact http://community.spotify.com/..."

That is kind of a doom loop. -> Community Help tells me: "Contact spotify through contact form" -> After I follow the advice: "Please contact Community Help!"  What is the next step?! Maybe contacting Spotify through contact form???? 😄

Obviously Spotify should think about making it easier to get in contact with them. Like most people know, this is still a big problem with spotify.

I will still use spotify with my private account. I just want to delete this account because the company I work for doesn't need it anymore.

But after I experienced how difficult it is to get in contact/ get help with/of spotify, I am seriously thinking about changing streaming-supplier.

Hope you can help me anyway.

With kind regards,

Jonathan

13 Replies

Hey there @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Please reply to that e-mail and you will be connected to an agent that will be more than happy to assist you. If it's been over 24 hours, reply with your case number and I'll be happy to escalate your case.

You said "I just want to delete this account because the company I work for doesn't need it anymore.", please note that Spotify is not for businesses unless you sign up for Soundtrack Your Brand which is currently available only in Sweden. If this is a brand account let me know, but please refer to the Spotify Terms and Conditions before using Spotify again, specifically section 4 License and assignment : "The Spotify Service and the content provided through it are the property of Spotify or Spotify's licensors, and we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable licence to make personal, non-commercial (except as permitted under Section 11) use of the Spotify Service...".

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Hi,

I have been unclear, sorry about that. I registered this account with my company-mail-address, because I wanted to figure out how to find playlists of my private account and how others can find them.

Considering that I managed to find it out, I do not need this account anymore. I thought it would be way easier to delete this account. But unfortunately it isn't.

Could you please help me to delete it? 

Thank you in advance.

Jonathan

@Merik wrote:

Hey there @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Please reply to that e-mail and you will be connected to an agent that will be more than happy to assist you. If it's been over 24 hours, reply with your case number and I'll be happy to escalate your case.

You said "I just want to delete this account because the company I work for doesn't need it anymore.", please note that Spotify is not for businesses unless you sign up for Soundtrack Your Brand which is currently available only in Sweden. If this is a brand account let me know, but please refer to the Spotify Terms and Conditions before using Spotify again, specifically section 4 License and assignment : "The Spotify Service and the content provided through it are the property of Spotify or Spotify's licensors, and we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable licence to make personal, non-commercial (except as permitted under Section 11) use of the Spotify Service...".

Hello @user-removed, welcome to the community!

Reply directly to that email (even if it is a no-reply), usually after you do that they try to get back to you within 24 hours, if they don't post back here with your case number and i will see if i can get someone to look into it for you 🙂 Also, sometimes you can get faster service via twitter @Spotifycares. 

EDIT: Merik replied while i was typing 😛 

Hope this helped 🙂

Don't forget to add your Kudos and mark as a solution if it helped you!

Follow me on Twitter

Whats a Spotify Rock Star?

Hi,

thank you for your quick reply. But I already this this two days ago, because I read it in the forum before....

I don't have twitter, so unfortunately I can't look for help there.

@user-removed Do you have a case number? 🙂

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0lZZuS:ref this one?

@user-removed Yes 🙂 I have asked someone to look into it for you, so you should hear something soon. 

Hope this helped 🙂

Follow me on Twitter

Thank you! 🙂

@user-removed wrote:

ref:_00DD0pxIW._500D0lZZuS:ref this one?

Hello! I'll make sure someone gets back to you very soon.

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Hi Richard!

So I previously had a free spotify account on my iPhone but I deleted it and now when I try to redownlod it, it askes for credit/debit card. 

I am purchasing a student acocunt on spotify, and would like to know how I can redownload and sign on into my account on my iPhone with my student acccount?

Thank you!

You should just need to log in using your student premium account on your iPhone. Are you definitely downloading the correct Spotify app?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

yes, theres only one spotify.

@SA93 - Something definitely isn't right. Does your subscription status on this page say you currently have premium?
https://www.spotify.com/account/overview/

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts