Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

free trial payment error

free trial payment error

Kind of funny how it tells me my payment information is incorrect over and over again, when I am trying to get the premium free trial. Then I try to pay for the premium straight up, without the free trial, and BOOM. Works right away. Seems something sneaky is amidst. Pretty lame, unless someone has a legitimate explanation for this.

4 Replies

Hi. When signing up for the 30 day free trial, Spotify requires you to select a valid payment method so that your renewals can be processed without further ado.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

To my knowledge the payment authorisation system is the same, however your bank might be declining the £0.00/1 fee that gets charged to your card just to verify it exists for the free trial to start.

Peter 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

That is a good thought. However, it only said that my payment information was incorrect. It is possible that that is the only response they have to such a situation. I felt somewhat cheated. However, spotify is such a great program, and it is a heck of a deal to pay 10 bucks a month for nearly unlimited music, that it doesn't make me mad really. Just slightly irritating at the time was all. And I was curious if anyone else had that issue as well.

This shouldn't have happened - we certainly don't want the trial not to work! Get in touch here and one of our payments team should be able to get you what you're entitled to. If you get an automated response, reply back to it directly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Suggested posts