Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

hacked account!

hacked account!

I received a message on my app saying something along the lines of "You have offline playlists on more than 3 devices" and then it logged me out. I was then logged out, when I logged back in via Facebook, I found out all my playlists, starred tracks, and followed playlists I have been currating for the past couple years have been deleted. I am a premium subscriber. I have not logged in via the normal account method in a while, as I usually log in through Facebook. When I checked my account, the email address on file was changed as well as the password to make any additional changes, so I am essentially locked out from my account. Please help me as soon as possible, I am extremely worried that all of my music is irrecoverable (I see a place to restore playlists, but I am hoping that it will return in the same organized manner as well as starred tracks, playlists, and followed playlists). Thanks for your assistance.

What is the best way to keep in touch? They have changed my account email address. Is there someone I can talk to via the phone? 

7 Replies

Hi @nmock and welcome to the community 🙂

Unfortunately, there is no telephone based support, however if you use this Support Form, you should be able to get in touch with Spotify without having to login.

Provide them with as many details as you can - email history, FaceBook profile, and any Spotify premium receipts.

It may just be that a duplicate account has been made - it is possible, however the support staff will be able to tell you the real reason.

Liam

Hello @nmock and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, there is no hotline service but you can reach the staff by using this contact form: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-anonymous/

If you'll receive an automated mail that leads you back to the forums, please reply to that mail (even if it's from "no-reply") and someone will get back to you as soon as possible. But if you get a case number, you can post it here and one of the staff members will look into it.

Good luck!

By the way: don't panic, it's usually no problem to restore deleted playlists.

Edit: Okay, so @Liam was faster than me 😉

@Carina

I've had practise, and the unanswered topics module is incredibly useful 😉

Liam

Apparently, my account was hacked and was sold on eBay. The original buyer contacted me and was kind enough to change my details back, and I was able to secure my account. If someone from Spotify could please contact me, I have used the form to initiate a support request. I can provide details on the listing as well. I just hope that all my playlists can be restored in the right order, my starred tracks, as well as my followed playlists. I had a bunch of playlists nested into folders, but those do not seem to be appearing in the "Restore Playlists" section. I will not touch any of the restore features at the hope that Spotify can help me restore my account to its previous state. I am so worried!

Sorry to hear that @nmock  - some people are just idiots. 

The best thing you can do is wait for a member of staff to reply to that support ticket.

Let us know if your stuff gets restored 🙂

Liam

Thanks for the support, Liam! Patiently awaiting -___-

@nmock - If you don't hear back within 48 hours give us a shout. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts