Music Fan
Jammymummy
Accepted Solution

how do I search within a record label?

Quite a while ago I knew how to search within a record label.... can someone remind me please!?

Richard

Re: how do I search within a record label?

Just type: label:[LABEL]

Without the square brackets, of course. Example: Universal

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
Music Fan
thewizardofsf

hi I've tried this and doesn't work.

has something changed???

Thanks

Joe

Works fine for me on the desktop client and the web player. Which label are you searching for - if it is more than one word, put quotation marks around the label name.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Music Fan
mmascitti

I have used this feature in the seach bar and it partially works. I searched "Morr Music" and got only a couple of albums instead of their whole catalog. Would love to see Spotify improve this feature. Digging through a label's back catalog is my favorite way to learn about new music.

Signed Artist
elee

I just learned about this feature in this thread. As you reported, I get only a few results for "Morr Music", but I get a lot more searching for "Morr". Maybe that will give you what you want.

A note to others having problems with this: I wasn't getting the results I wanted in the desktop search until i realized that there shouldn't be a space between the colon and the label name - label:steeplechase instead of label: steeplechase.

This is a great feature!

Concert VIP

Sorry. Still not sure how to best find everything by, say the label "Blue Horizon". (To give a more common name than Morr Music) Exacly what shall I write into the search box.

Related question: How do I search for a series like X-Mix or DJ Kicks?

Joe

Type this in the search box:

label:"Blue Horizon"

The quotes are needed if you want an exact match for a term containing more than one word.

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Concert VIP

[ Edited ]

Thanks.

I wonder why don't you make such information part of your FAQ? A person looking for the information have to dig up an obscured forum thread.

How is your company management structure in the first place? No offense, I guess I am not the first you heard that you may have the best offer of the streaming music services but the user interface of the Spotify app (I use Windows and the web) is the most horrible.

Sorry, I don't have time to open new topics for everything, just my bug report:

Right click on the cover of the album while playing it, it says in bold Go To and clicking on itdoes nothing.

My setup can be found here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/CAN-ONLY-PLAY-ONE-TRACK-AT-A-TIME-FROM-CH...

Oh, wait: no permalinks to forum posts? As expected, but no offense :)

Concert VIP

OK. So now I was even able to search for label:"!K7 Records"

I wonder how it gets determined that what albums from the K7 catalogue or any label, for the matter goes into Spotify and what doesn't get included?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.