Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Lover
Garyr

how many devices for a premium a/c

I have spotify premium and connected it to my android. My wife has an Iphone 3gs can that device be allowed to connect with my premium a/c too?

My son has a blackberry 9330 and can that be used in the a/c too?

Music Fan
Aholic

Re: how many devices for a premium a/c

Spotify can be used on as many devices as you want. BUT you can only listen to one device at atime. If your wife for instance starts playing music, the track on your android will stop playing.
Music Lover
Garyr

cheers for the advice.

Sam
For your Spotifyes only
Name:
Department:
About me:

Aholic is right, you'll only be able to stream music on Spotify from one device at a time.

However, you are able to store 'Offline Music' on up to 3 devices. This means you will be able to listen to more than one device at a time, provided the Spotify app is set to 'Offline Mode' and you don't stream any music.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
cleger

THIS IS INSAINE! I pay for the service, I don't understand why I can't listen to it in my car and at the same time my wife listen to it in her car, we should have to pay for it twice. Or fight about who gets to listen to Spotify when. Will we ever be able to listen at the same time?

Community Legend
Stupify

The only way is for both of you to pay for it. Spotify is for personal use only.

Festival VIP
flindeberg

How come there isn't a subscripion solution for multiple access? Technically it should be possible?

And I guess a small chunk of your userbase thinks it worth the investment just to avoid having multiple location-bound accounts. 

Liam
Topics: 137
Kudos: 1,479
Ideas: 16
Solutions: 445

It does say in the terms that Spotify is for personal use only...

Anways, from what I remember, Spotify were looking at discounted rates for multiple premium account subscribers.

Posted by Liam, Please give Kudos
Gold Streaming Artist
MattSuda

If you would like discounted family subscriptions, then go give this idea a kudo:

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275

Matt Suda
Spotify Community Rock Star

User since September 2011    Founder of repeat one    I met Daniel Ek    Don't forget to SMILE =)

Comedian with Autism. I get geeky with technology. Music keeps my heart beating.

Verified BadgeMy Spotify Profile  Twitter: @MattJSuda  Website: mattsuda.com
Community Legend
Stupify

flindeberg wrote:

How come there isn't a subscripion solution for multiple access? Technically it should be possible?

And I guess a small chunk of your userbase thinks it worth the investment just to avoid having multiple location-bound accounts. 

Actually no, it's not really possible when you think about it. 

Option 1: Multiple premium accounts for one subscription - If the purpose is to have a family plan, this wouldn't work because you must be 13 years or older to have a Facebook account. Also, there's no way to prevent random people from pooling money together and paying for cheaper Spotify.

Option 2: One account that can listen on multiple locations at a time - This would require you to share Facebook account details with other people. What would prevent the other people from logging into Facebook itself and reading any personal information that is usually present on Facebook?

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.