Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

moving abroad

Solved!

moving abroad

hi,

I'm currently living in the Netherlands, and I'm considering to sign up for spotify unlimited.

The problem is, I'm moving to Germany this summer, and I was wondering if I still would be able to acces and use my account in Gemany.

thanks, 

Erik

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Spotify_ejvh wrote:

hi,

I'm currently living in the Netherlands, and I'm considering to sign up for spotify unlimited.

The problem is, I'm moving to Germany this summer, and I was wondering if I still would be able to acces and use my account in Gemany.

thanks, 

Erik

Yes, of course you can!

Spotify is available in Germany, so you could even use your free account there. If you would rather keep your account based in the netherlands (since content sometimes changes depending on region) then subscribing to premium or unlimited using a netherland payment method will also work and gives you access to your account anywhere in the world. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

@Spotify_ejvh wrote:

hi,

thanks, 

Erik

Yes, of course you can!

Spotify is available in Germany, so you could even use your free account there. If you would rather keep your account based in the netherlands (since content sometimes changes depending on region) then subscribing to premium or unlimited using a netherland payment method will also work and gives you access to your account anywhere in the world. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thank you very much peter! you really helped me out.

moved from Germany to Austria.

When I try to edit my profile the country-combobox is inactive. A message below says that I have to change my terms of payment first (with a link). The page the link leads me to (https://www.spotify.com/at/account/subscription/change-payment/) allows me to change country and payment, but always returns an error "There went something wring. Try again or visit our help page" (in German, tranlation by me)

Hello.

I have spotify premium.

I Work in South korea with an norwgian vpn and have used spotify alot.

But suddely spotify stop working and says update your contry subcribe or update your spotify.

Can you plase help me?

@mezuza156 What does it show under subscription status here?

I'm also studying abroad in Germany but  from the USA. I downloaded the German spotify but I can't access many of the german songs. It says "can not be accessed in this region" how can I get those songs since I am in that country??

Moved from Netherlands to Canada. I brought a dutch gift card with me.

In Canada, spotify forced me to change the country before I could use it again.

Few months later I tried to redeem the giftcard from the netherlands. This was not possible as I was "in the wrong country".

On websites it was sugested to contact spotify to switch the giftcard but that could take up to 2 workdays.

As I didn't want to wait that long (was going on vacation to US next day) I tried to change my country in my spotify account.

The only country I was able to select was Canada.

Then I made a VPN connection to server in the Netherlands and then logged in to the account. Unfortuantly, still not able to change.

Then, VNCed to PC of my dad in the netherlands. From there opened a browser and opened my spotify account. Now I had besideds Canada also the option Netherlands to select as a country. Changed the country to the Netherlands and then entered the gift card.

Worked like a charm.

Then logged in on my phone again and could download music for offline use.

Suggested posts