Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

offline access withdrawn... again!! WHY???

offline access withdrawn... again!! WHY???

please remove the stupid 4 device limit. i have at least 4 different computer logins and 3 different mobile devices that i use spotify offline for... OFTEN... i pay for the service, so let me decide what i can do with it. its friggin 10 bucks a month which is already pricy. at that rate, i should get to decide how many devices is my maximum limit. without us and our payments, there is no Spotify in a large quantity. so please remove my limits and limits for those who pay specifcally for premium.

5 Replies

Hi, it's very unlikely the 3 device offline limit will be removed anytime soon. Every music service has licensing deals with the labels, and Spotify is no exception. That limit is one of the conditions they have to abide by. So, until new terms could be negotiated, there's no way the limit can be removed.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

the only thing that ever bugged me is that this was not clearly brought to my attention when first buying the subscription, nor was it made available to me when installing any of the apps or programs for windows linux. It may be buried in the terms 1 million pages in, but this should be made available to us the first time we ever run the app. ALSO, this should be something we can view in settings. such as how many devices are currently using the service, and the device names / IDs using said service. its not hard. google does this for all devices signed into android. At least we would have some way of knowing if we are on or near the maximum. its just a better way of doing things.

They've come very far with the very nice enhancements to both iOS and Android device apps, but i think that device usage is a must have and should be required to be implemented if they are indeed going to impose such a strict device usage limit. I never knew this until just a little while ago and i will admit. i was pissed... i use spotify on literally all of my devices everywhere i go and i do not like being told i am limited on a paid service. its like cable companies... i now REFUSE to pay because back in the day, you used to have commercial free programming, and was the point of paying for cable. where is that notion now?

Sure, I do understand, and I'm totally with you on making it easier to see how many devices you're using right from Spotify itself. It's definitely not the most obvious thing to figure out if you extra devices.

dinomightSpotify Star

to be honest, i don't think that's an option anywhere. not even here on the computer or web access. it needs to change. 🙂

There is one place you can manage your offline devices; from your account page, right here. Not perfect, e.g., doesn't display unique device names, but it does show which devices you're using. If I'm ever trying to decide between two computers, I'll normally just refer to the date to see which one I most recently connected from.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts