Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

paying but not getting features

paying but not getting features

i signed up for spotify ages ago. i get billed on a monthly basis. all of the sudden when i log in it says that i have the free version and i cannot access features. i just was auto-charged 8 days ago. no, my credit card is not expired and the charge went through. any ideas?

3 Replies

Same for me. I had auto pay through my phone service, Tmobile. All of a sudden I get a text from Boku yesterday, 7/22/14 stating my subscription was cancelled, so I call them and they explain Tmobile has stopped supporting payments to Spotify. With that information I decided to pay through Paypal, my account was back to Premium yesterday afternoon. This morning I login and it's back to the Free version. Funds have been subtracted from my bank account as of yesterday 7/22/14 but I'm unable to use what I've paid for.

Hey guys! Welcome to our fabulous community. 🙂

Would you be able to reach out to our contact form. One of our accounts team will take a look and find out what's wrong. Let us know the 8 digit case numbers and we'll make sure the right teams get things.

Is your account showing as premium on your online overview?

If it is showing as premium then you should be good to go! Sometimes a quick log out and back in again is needed. If you are still having issues, try a clean reinstallation of the application. 

If your account is still showing as free then you have not logged into the account you have upgraded. Double check your details, its amazingly easy to accidentally have two accounts, one with a Spotify username and another using your Facebook details. The username of the account you have upgraded is shown in the email receipt/confirmation. You need to log in using that username unless it is a number in which case you need to log in using your Facebook details. If you can't find your account or you have subscribed on the incorrect account, don't subscribe again as you might be billed twice, instead get in touch using the link Jason posted above. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts