Close
Music Lover
sobsey
Accepted Solution

"Please install Spotify using a normal account instead of an admininstrator account" - What?

I just bought Spotify and tried to run the Installer on Windows 7 but it won't install -- I get the message in the Subject header.

What do I need to do?

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: "Please install Spotify using a normal account instead of an admininstrator account" -

[ Edited ]

Try to Install Spotify with Administrator privileges. Just click installer and click Run as Administrator. If this does not help, create another account to your Windows and try again. You can also try account without admin rights.

Oh, and welcome to the community!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Lover
sobsey

Re: "Please install Spotify using a normal account instead of an admininstrator account" -

Hey, thanks for the welcome.

The installer doesn't have an option for Admin login, so I'm stumped. In order to create another user name, do I need another facebook acct., too?

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

[ Edited ]

You can just right-lick in your mouse in Spotify Installer and then select Install as Administrator.

If you want to try then another Windows account, just create it in Windows - you do not need any other Facebook account for this.

Also if you downloaded installer outside Spotify.com, just download clean installer and see what happens.

You always should download Spotify from Spotify.com. www.spotify.com/download

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 21M/5M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Also you can install older Spotify and try then what's going on with this old one.

http://www.download.fi/general/download_splash.cfm/spotify?software_id=2721&version_id=40425 (Tested, official old package).

Spotify should update itself when you finish older version installation.

Let me know how this works for you! =)

Music Fan
Raver13371

Thanks a lot :D By installing the old packages i managed to get it on my admin account :D 

Music Fan
JayFab

This has been the last straw. What is wrong with installing as administrator? Let me do my system administration. Obviously they don't want people using their software. I am done with Spotify.

Music Fan
mk31762

[ Edited ]

I agree, this is really ridiculous. I don't want to create another account, nor do I want to install some old executable of questionable origin on my computer. Why in God's name can't I install a program as an adminstrator? Who better to install a program?  

Music Lover
tyfferegle

Hello there. All you need to do is right click the installer which you will probably find in the downloads folder, and chose to run it in compatability mode (XP SP3). This will allow you to download and install spotify and it will work normally afterwards.

:)

Music Fan
Viggo

Worked fine :)

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.