Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

song limit confusion - please help!

song limit confusion - please help!

1) Will someone please clarify what exactly does this limit apply to?  (+why in the world wouldn't they better warn people to choose their 3333 carefully?!!?)  Seems risky to have customers find out about this "silent limit" the hard way, and feel confused then deceived!  I cant save new music, EVEN AFTER I've deleted multiple songs.  Super shady...  

2)  if I am only using 1 device why am I limited to the 3333 when ppl w/ 3 devices get 9999- we r paying the same?  Crazy, makes no sense.  Is this being reconsidered? 

3) when were the most recent changes made RE: saving/ song limits etc?  I see comments from April, just trying to figure out what I never knew vs if something changed? Fairly certain I started my acct in June (2014).

It's been suggested this is just about OFFLINE songs, wh/ still feels lame but I can maybe understand limiting somewhat, I Guess.

It should however increase as a function of length of membership - u r collecting more $$$!!   I'm new to this kind of thing, so perhaps I'm unclear on the distinction- my on/offline settings, etc.  I never saw a great explanation, just kinda figured it out as I went - or so I thought!  So far I only ever listen to spotify while Im online anyway- only got premium to try out on the Roku (wh/ I was skeptical about paying for, but I was willing to give it a try.)  

* Btw, they arent counting the Roku as a device r they? It doesnt save, just interfaces playlist content from computer to TV/ stereo system.

As far as "offline" goes - I may have clicked a green circle once upon a time somewhere (on a playlist?) that said "available offline", I figured why not- even though I wasnt sure how that worked... People need notified of this song limit at that point if not sooner!  I do not, however, even have 3333 songs in my few playlists, offline or not! 

Now, I just looked under file and found "offline mode" unchecked - never been checked, never knew that was there.  When I check it to see what happens, it tells me "Your Music is not available offline" please go online to 'load' your music.  So,

4) How am I hitting a limit that is supposedly only for offline music, when it says I dont even have offline music?

I'm so confused.  I signed up for "premium" hoping maybe this was something worth paying for - I'm paying monthly but won't be for long!  What's the point?  Esp, if there's an unreasonable song limit that seems in effect despite being online?!?!  3000 goes fast, esp if u are not aware of such a limit while u r clicking away!  Now- IF I stay a customer- sounds like I have a major project of deciding (one song at a time) what to "remove" just to be able to add new.  Actually, even that doesnt even work right now.  Also, albums were added as a whole, is there a way to remove whole album all at once?  So not what I want to do w/ my free time - choose music I dont want.  

Just really wish I would have known before I got out the credit card - like they always say, if it seems too good to be true... beware.  And reading that cancellation is tricky too, great.  Even more than the $ they got out of me (wh/ is bad enough!)  it's the disappointment & bad taste in mouth so to speak.  Kinda bad for business guys.  I took a chance, ignoring my intuition/ usual skepticism & it backfired.    Hoping maybe there's an easy fix for some issues tho, so I'll try to stay optimistic for now...

I will NOT however be recommending Spotify to anyone, at least not until I get this straightened out.  Thanks for reading!  Please help if possible- very frustrated. 

3 Replies

Spotify imposes the following restrictions.

1. You are limited to a maximum of 3,333 offline tracks on up to 3 devices. This limit is down to the licensing agreements Spotify has with the content owners, it is a little strange that you can't manage the number of tracks on your devices, but that is just how it is unfortunately. Offline devices are only devices that have offline stored playlists on, devices which don't have any offline content or don't support it will not count towards your limit. You can manage your offline devices here: https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

2. Playlists (excluding Starred) and the Your Music storage system are limited to 10,000 tracks which is a design decision taken by Spotify. These limits do not effect the 3,333 offline track limit. 

3. Playlists that are downloaded for offline usage show a green icon beside the track names. If your playlists are not synching (icons are grey) then double check you haven't hit any of the above limits and you have at least 1GB of free storage space on your device. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have had as much as 1500 and as little as 400 or so songs in offline mode and i still get a sync error of more than 3,333 songs on one device in my sd card.....I have only one device. Can you explain that because Spotify support ignores this question all the time .

I have had as much as 1500 and as little as 400 or so songs in offline mode and i still get a sync error of more than 3,333 songs on one device in my sd card.....I have only one device. Can you explain that because Spotify support ignores this question all the time .

Suggested posts