Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

trying to upgrade to Student Discount Premium

trying to upgrade to Student Discount Premium

Hello!

I've been trying to upgrade my account to premium using the student discount but everytime I get passed the FB login it sends me to a screeen that says "Oops something has goon terribly wrong" and promtps me to try again later.  Why does it keep doing this to me??

6 Replies

Are you in the US or UK?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I'm in the US and am having the same issue.

@caintrain - Any luck?

Peter

Having similiar issue. except, i got accepted as a student by SheerID, yet there is no way to apply my discount. subscription page still says i'll be charged full amount when it renews october 7th. FAQ's a joke and not helpful

I was finally able to upgrade, paypal was the only way it would accept the payment and allow me to upgrade,

@sylvan68 - Annoyingly, it doesn't appear that the Spotify payment system will allow some US customers to adjust the price of an existing recurring subscription to apply the student discount. 

To get your discount, all you need to do is cancel your current subscription following the steps over on this help page then re-subscribe using your student discount link. No need to worry, you will still get all of the Premium days you have paid for doing this, you can cancel and resubscribe right away and you won't be billed until your next renewal date. 

Peter

Suggested posts