Close
Music Fan
Jennie
Accepted Solution

two accounts copying playlists

I have two spotify accounts

and I want to copy my playlists from the old account to my new account.

How do I do that ?

/Jennie

Sam

Re: two accounts copying playlists

Hi Jennie,

Welcome to the Community!

What I would suggest is to subscribe to the playlists on your other account. For this, you'd need to find your Spotify profile inside Spotify. Don't worry, this is nice and easy. Just type in 'spotify:user:username' in the Spotify search box. So, for example, to find your 'hjalmarsons' account, you would type in... spotify:user:hjalmarsons

Once you get to the profile, you'll be able to subscribe to all of those playlists. 

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Singer
jvanderb

At the moment, there is not much in the way of a playlist export function in Spotify.  It is a feature that has been suggested, but not yet implemented.  There is one way to do it that I can think of, but it may require that the other account stay active.  Although if the old account stays open as a free account, it should not be too much of a problem.

To do it, first, log into your old account.  If you have several playlists, you will probably also want to open some sort of text editor as well (Notepad on Windows, or Text Edit on Mac should work just fine).  The next part is a little tedious, but better than completely recreating all your playlists.  Right click on the first playlist you want to copy, and then select "Copy Spotify URI."  Paste the copied URI into your text editor.  Repeat these steps for each playlist you would like to copy to your new account.

Once you have completed copying the Spotify URIs for each playlist, log out of your old account, and log into your new account.  Go back into the text editor you have open, and copy the first URI.  Switch back over to Spotify, and paste it into the search box on the upper right corner, and hit enter.  The playlist should display in the center pane.  To the right of the album cover graphic, you should see a "Subscribe" button.  Click the subscribe button, and it should appear in the playlist section on the left side of the screen.

One thing to keep in mind: On your old account, if your playlists are not published, this will likely not work.  If you don't remember deselecting the publish option for the playlist, you should not need to worry about it because they are published by default.  If you have, simply right click on the playlist in your old account, and ensure "Publish" has a check next to it.

Hopefully this will work for you!

Singer
jvanderb

Doh!  Sam beat me to it.  His solution sounds easier too, but I'll leave my post up anyway.  ;)

Sam

[ Edited ]

Just. Yours will work wonders too.

It is also worth pointing out (in my method, as well as jvanderb's) that playlists will need to be 'published' in order for them to show in your profile.

-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Singer
jvanderb

Yes...by mere seconds! 

I noted the need to have the playlists published.  One thing I am not too sure about though - if the old account were to be closed, would those subscribed playlists go away?

Thanks Sam!

Sam

No, the playlists wouldn't disappear. But it would be quite tricky finding them.

I've just edited my reply regarding the publishing thing.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
Music Fan
jennie2

Many thanks Sam and jvanderb
It worked out just great!
Now I can also copy by drag and drop from the subscribed playlists to new versions of my favourite playlists on my new account.
Have a great music day.
Music Fan
achandru

Thanks a lot. It worked for me.

jvanderb wrote:

At the moment, there is not much in the way of a playlist export function in Spotify.  It is a feature that has been suggested, but not yet implemented.  There is one way to do it that I can think of, but it may require that the other account stay active.  Although if the old account stays open as a free account, it should not be too much of a problem.

To do it, first, log into your old account.  If you have several playlists, you will probably also want to open some sort of text editor as well (Notepad on Windows, or Text Edit on Mac should work just fine).  The next part is a little tedious, but better than completely recreating all your playlists.  Right click on the first playlist you want to copy, and then select "Copy Spotify URI."  Paste the copied URI into your text editor.  Repeat these steps for each playlist you would like to copy to your new account.

Once you have completed copying the Spotify URIs for each playlist, log out of your old account, and log into your new account.  Go back into the text editor you have open, and copy the first URI.  Switch back over to Spotify, and paste it into the search box on the upper right corner, and hit enter.  The playlist should display in the center pane.  To the right of the album cover graphic, you should see a "Subscribe" button.  Click the subscribe button, and it should appear in the playlist section on the left side of the screen.

One thing to keep in mind: On your old account, if your playlists are not published, this will likely not work.  If you don't remember deselecting the publish option for the playlist, you should not need to worry about it because they are published by default.  If you have, simply right click on the playlist in your old account, and ensure "Publish" has a check next to it.

Hopefully this will work for you!

Music Lover
Ivanovitsj

What I would suggest is to subscribe to the playlists on your other account. For this, you'd need to find your Spotify profile inside Spotify. Don't worry, this is nice and easy. Just type in 'spotify:user:username' in the Spotify search box. So, for example, to find your 'hjalmarsons' account, you would type in... spotify:user:hjalmarsons

Once you get to the profile, you'll be able to subscribe to all of those playlists. 

First, sorry for bringing back an old thread!
What will happen to the playlists when I delete the other "orginal" account, which I have subscribed to? Will the playlists disappear from both accounts, or will the playlists change ownership to my new account?

Announcements
Win free Premium
We're fans of music around here. And amazing animated GIFs.
So, for our next competition we're combining the two.

Join our new contest here.

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.