Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

After I deactivated a private session, the android app no longer sends songs I listen to Facebook.

Like I said on the title of this post, a few days ago I wanted to try the "private session" functionality on the android app. It's doesn't work that well compared to the iOS version. The thing is when I deactivated it, the android app stopped sending the songs I listen to Facebook. I tried loggin out from within the app, I deleted spotify from the Facebook application list, I logged in again. Didn't work. Then I had to uninstall the app from my phone in order to reinstall it again and see if that solved the issue, but no. Nothing changed. Maybe it's worth noting that I have no problem whatsoever with last.fm. Also, I use the iOS version on my iPod touch and the private session works flawlessly. But my main device it's my android phone (i have a Samsung Galaxy S3) and this frustrates me a little 'cause I can't solve it. Any kind of help is welcome. Thank you. 

94 Replies

you could have politely explained that the app that is showing on Google Play that is dated 11 22 might be the old version. I explained in my initial response that I was not used to downloading apps. my copy and paste multiple times was actually an error on my part as I could not figure out in the threads where my reply was. but you decided to be rude and chastise me for posting multiple times without even responding to my initial question. I was really surprised that somebody could be so rude, and then you follow up and call me an idiot. I have made copies of all of your responses, I do not need to hear from you again.

if I do, I will consider that harassment. do not respond to me again, I do not care if you work for free or if you don't.

What the heck is wrong with you, woman? Stop embarassing yourself.

Also, calling you an idiot? I second that.

Back 2 Topic, still waiting for 0.7.3 being available for my S4.

Alright guys, lets keep it civil here - we are all here to help each other (community spirit and all that!). I have a feeling that this has escalated far too quickly maybe due to the tone of some of the previous messages, but lets be mature here draw a line in the sand and move on.

@Joe is correct in the sense the Spotify community is not an official Spotify help channel, if you ever feel the need to talk to Spotify directly please use the online contact form or tweet @SpotifyCares and they will be more than happy to help you out or answer your questions.

Myself and the other Rock stars (red names) do not work for Spotify, we are just community users who stick around to help out. With that in mind we are entitled to our own opinions too (and yes, we can be pretty opinionated at times!), but those opinions do not represent the opinions of Spotify or their staff. All Spotify staff here on the community are easily identifiable by the Spotify logo displayed beside their username.

Anyways, that update should be available to you soon so keep an eye on Google Play. 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

...still waiting for the update. I can't believe that it takes so long to distribute this. The recent version in Google Play is dated with "NOV/23/2013", but it's still the old one (7.2.xxx) that is already installed for weeks now.

Today I finally got the update through Google Play. Sharing songs to Facebook it's working again for me. 

Can confirm working for me too. 🙂

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Got the update today, the problem is fixed!! Yeehaw. Covers on Android 4.4 still missing... 😞 SCNR

I've never felt so discriminated against! ahahhaha darn you google play store! darn you sprint! still waiting 😞

You and me both. Hopefully they'll get around to us soon 🙂

Still no update for me either. Eagerly awaiting, lol...

Update: I received the update this morning and everything is good. Thank you guys!

Just got the update and it looks like everything is working again. Thanks SO much for helping fix this!

yep, got the update this morning and it seems like the problem is fixed! thank you for listening to us! cheers, spotify!

Hey guys checking up on this. Is anyone still having trouble with this issue or is resolved for you all? 

It seems the issue has been resolved, thanks!

Suggested posts