Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
ninister

Re: You are Offline

I gave up my premium account because of this issue.  I would really like to see it fixed because the main reason I got a wifi mp3 player was for the mobile playlists feature.  I have the Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 (YP-G70, running Gingerbread.UEK18, wifi only device.)  I downloaded the app, synced my playlists, and all was well... until I tried to log back on to sync again.   The app will continually flip back and forth between online/offline every 2 seconds or so and all of the downloaded playlists will be grayed out.  On Spotify on my computer, it will show the device as connected, but won't sync.  Sometimes, it shows the device in the list twice as though there were two of them.

I tried changing my password.  I tried signing in under both FB and Spotify.  I cleared the cache, deleted the app, and reinstalled it about 30 different times.  I also noticed that Spotify would often not show up at all in my running applications list on my mp3 player even when it was running.  I tried changing the save location between the external SD card and the internal memory.  When I would do that, Spotify on my computer would always show the wrong save location (e.g., the player was set to internal and Spotify on the computer showed the external storage card space available.)

I don't know if any of that will help you determine what's going on, but I really hope this issue gets resolved. 

mhn
Music Lover
mhn

I bought spotify premium so I could run spotify on galaxy tab 10.1, I was getting the intermitant off line problem, so following some advice on another spotify forum, I deleted spotify and attempted to reinstall, only to find spotify is no longer available for my device. What's going on? Do I need to get a refund?
Music Fan
jingle

Same problem as everyone else, except it does not synch over wifi OR 3G.  It is completely useless on my Motorola Droid 2 Global (Verizon).

VERY frustrated.  I have cleared the cache, changed my password, and it still says "Offline Mode."  At least Pandora works.

Gig Goer
Gorillatictacs

I am having the identically same issues on my Samsung Player 5. I think I am going to cancel my premium account as well.

Concert Regular
Hape

Hei,

i've got a similar proplem: on pc everything is ok and I can log in and stay logged. 

Then I have two Android devices Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Asus Transformer Prime Tab . Both are using Android 4.x.

The probelnm is with tha Asus; it is practically all the time telling me that I'm offline and cannot sync.

The Samsung is been worhing all the time ok.

I have been also logging off from other devics (PC and Samsung), but it has not helped.

Totaly during these some weeks which I have had the Asus I may have been on line just 2..3 hrs.

Br Hape

Music Fan
jordanraejoseph

I have had Spotify Premium for a couple months now and have not had any problems until about a week ago.

I have an Android Samsung Charge, and have recently been stuck in offline mode just like everybody else. 

I began Spotify using my Facebook account, but I went in and changed my Spotify password, re-logged in and all that. Didn't work (7:55pm).

I have unistalled the app on my phone for the 3rd time, still not working. Now I have cleared the cache, logged out, unistalled, and restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, logged in with facebook, and now i am back online THANK GOD (8:02pm).

Now (8:03pm) I am attempting to make several playlists offline. I connected to Wi-fi, and I am syncing through that right now.

(9:28) After fixing everything up and syncing back and forth, I disconnected from wireless, stayed on my 3G/4G and am still online. 

Hopefully this can help some of you guys.

Jordan :heart:

Music Fan
sfarmer78

I have the same problem...  Tried logging on/off, switching from 3G to WiFi (Slacker is working fine) but Spotify says I'm offline.  Very frustrating... if this keeps up I'll be canceling my premium account.    - HTC Increidible

Concert Regular
Hape

It changed the password and reinstalled the application from Samsung and Asus. It helped for some hours but then the situation become the same: Samsung is working (almostt all the time) and Asus Transtormer is staying offline.

It would be rather fair to hear what Spotify is doing and when the they think the problem is been solved.

Concert Regular
Hape

It changed the password and reinstalled the application from Samsung and Asus. It helped for some hours but then the situation become the same: Samsung is working (almost all the time) and Asus Transtormer is staying offline.

It would be rather fair to hear what Spotify is doing and when the they think the problem is been solved.

Music Fan
Vi_sa

I had this problem too, but it worked when I changed my password. Thanks!

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.