Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Effects>Bass Boost greyed out on Google Nexus 7, 2nd generation, running Android 4.3.1

Solved!

Audio Effects>Bass Boost greyed out on Google Nexus 7, 2nd generation, running Android 4.3.1

Am a new user, just running the 30 day free trial of Premium.

Have read the troubleshooting posts, tried uninstall (but could not find the referenced folder anywhere on device following uninstall), reinstalled, but still the Bass Boost slider on the Audio Effects screen is greyed out.

When I first installed spotify it was definitely available and could be adjusted.

Any advice very gratefully received.

Nexus 7 32GB LTE version, 25 GB free.  Android 4.3.1

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes indeed.  I was also stumped.   The bass boost will only be activated when the device is connected with headphone jack or to

external speakers via bluetooth.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey there.

To get more bass from music, get better headphones 😉 I listen Spotify Mobile with Samsung in-ear headphones and bass is huge without Bass Booster. You can also listen harddance where bass is - well - very tight. I suggest to try: Tune Up! – Basstest - Radio Edit or F.O.O.L – Destroyer of Speakers (Warning these songs can break your headphones!!!). Tune Up! is Manian by the way 😉

I checked my Samsung Galaxy S 2 Plus and I have same problem. Can't activate Bass Boost (but really there is no need for that)!

I have by the way Android 4.1.1.

@emmrecs I have exactly the same on my Nexus 7. I never noticed before as I don't use the equaliser. On my SGS2 both the bass boost and surround sound appear greyed-out. I'm going to play with it some more before escalating it to the spotify staff.

What about you other android users out there - does your bass boost work?

EDIT: Escalated to staff.

I'll just post these here.

Samsung Galaxy S2, android 4.1.2, spotify 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4

Screenshot_2013-11-13-20-24-57.png

Nexus 7, android 4.3, spotify 0.7.2.402-g40e8dcb4

Screenshot_2013-11-13-20-27-07.png

@jwylot.  Thanks for confirming this seems to be NOT something specific to my tablet.

Has there been a very recent update to Spotify?  I'm sure when I first installed, about a week or so ago, that Bass Boost was not greyed out.  (I'm running the same version of Spotify as shown on your screen shot.)

Jeff

Oh, about two weeks ago. I also have collection on both devices although that shouldn't be causing the equaliser issue. As I said, I don't use the equaliser so I can't comment on whether this happened following the last update. Anyway, hopefully this can be fixed although I'm wondering why we're not seeing more folk with this.

Just to add one final post to this thread:

I have just discovered the "loss" of the Bass Boost control only happens when using the built-in speakers on my Nexus 7.  Inserting a pair of ear buds/phones and the control is once more active and accessible!

Why?

Jeff

Ah. That actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks for the update 🙂

Marked as solution

Yes indeed.  I was also stumped.   The bass boost will only be activated when the device is connected with headphone jack or to

external speakers via bluetooth.

Suggested posts