Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
Cruelman

Re: Audio Effects on Samsung Galaxy S4

At first my audio effects worked on all songs and wooow it was awesome sound on streamed as well as downloaded. Now it is on for some songs, off for others. Its really annoying cause the audioeffects were one of the reasons i chose Spotify instead og Player Pro. Weird enough i only get the little green icon on some songs in a downloaded list. More weird, yes, those with the icon have audio effects... Please help, else im back to player pro....
Concert VIP
maz_wakefield

Im still having the audio issue too - And its inconsistent, often the eq just cuts out randomly through songs... eg: last night it cut out on the 2nd song i listened to, then again on the third, then not again for 10 more songs.. Everytime it happens i have to go back into the audio settings screen and  the eq comes back on. Have just tweeted @SpotifyCares regarding the issue - hopefully a fix is provided.

Anyone found a solve yet?

Gig Goer
Cruelman

Forgot to mention that i got the Xperia Z. The Z doesnt have an on/off switch but close. I have to enter the audioeffects controller switch to off kr choose a setting. On the songs where the effects dont work its still actually on. Switching off and on still doesnt start the effects.

Spotify, could you give us a hint as if your aware of the problem and fixing it??

Fix a bug like this and you got one hell of a show going ;0)
Sam

Hi guys,

This sounds a strange issue. Could you all just confirm that you've tried all the troubleshooting steps here?

If you have and you're still having the problem, we'll need to escalate it further. To do this, we'll just need the following details:

- The make and model of your phone

- The version of Android you're running

- The version of Spotify you're using

- If you're using any third party equalizer (MusicFX etc.)

Thanks!

-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Concert Regular
danschan

Sam wrote:

Hi guys,

This sounds a strange issue. Could you all just confirm that you've tried all the troubleshooting steps here?

If you have and you're still having the problem, we'll need to escalate it further. To do this, we'll just need the following details:

- The make and model of your phone

- The version of Android you're running

- The version of Spotify you're using

- If you're using any third party equalizer (MusicFX etc.)

Thanks!

Hi there, 

Yes it is a strange issue but it seems that spotify didn't put this as priority. I have been having this issue for months yet still no solution.

I have sent numourus emails to support and the answer is always wait for the next update???? 

Just to recap.... Audio volume will be way much softer if the EQ from spotify (audio effect) is ON. It is only happening with S4, I have another device Note 10.1, its audio is perfect, it will be louder when the EQ is ON or at least at the same volume level.

Please fix this, and don't just hit around the bush by telling us to do those repeated troubleshots procedure... yes of course I have done those with no luck!

Music Fan
upgrayedd719

Yeah I used that app as well and it seems to fix the issue. Somehow the original Samsung audio effects reset and don't interact at ALL with Spotify but this is a nice work around. I'll update if it goes back to it's old ways but so far it's the best it's been without worrying about blowing my speakers or ear drums randomly

Concert VIP
maz_wakefield

Hi Sam,

I have done the troubleshooting steps and the problem seems to have subsided a bit, but it has happened a couple of times - not as often though. I havent had much of a chance to give it a good listen over the last few days but will do so this week and update.

Thanks!

Concert VIP
maz_wakefield

Update: Ive now had a chance to listen quite a bit.

The issue still occurs however its not as often.

All my details are the same as in my tweets.

So, where to from here?

Thanks

Music Fan
piwebb

yep. I have the same problem on S4..
Took me ages to sort out before I saw your post!

One solution, load fxequaliser from play store & follow setup instructions when you install. You'll then have proper sound control from the settings sound options in settings menu via use of app.
Hope this helps.
Concert VIP
maz_wakefield

Thanks piwebb,

I'll have a look into that app now... Although cant find fxequaliser - did you mean Equalizer FX (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devdnua.equalizer.free)?

@Spotify: Update - After updating the firmware on my s4, the problem is MUCH MUCH worse! When i fist had the problem, the eq intermittently DROPPED in volume. Now it RISES in volume suddenly which blasts the ear drums! I find it is really loud for the first second of every song, drops down, then half way through rises again and it's happening more often. I dont have any issues listening to music via the music app - only spotify.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.