Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio problem when using Spotify and Sat Nav App

Audio problem when using Spotify and Sat Nav App

I went from an iPhone to an Android about 2 weeks ago, and have been thinking of going back due to this problem, only to find that it is a Spotify problem.

I have now tried 4 different sat nav applications, and the problem was still there with all of them. As all of my music was on Spotify I always tried playing music from Spotify and never though about using the built in music player.

Unless there is a fix for this already, or one due over the next few weeks, I will have to cancel my subscription.

The problem I am facing is, if I am playing music and a sat nav app, the volume for voice commands seems to become lowered by Spotify, to the extend that you cannot hear anything. You can turn the volume up whilst it's talking, but it is then turned back down by the time the next set of instructions (immagine having to drive and pressing the volume every few seconds)

I have found an app, that will not allow apps to alter volumes, but this means having the music the same volume as the sat nav instructions, which could get tricky.

This problem is however not there when using the 'Music' app.

Using unrooted Samsung S4 KitKat 4.4

Thanks

1 Reply

This appears to be a bug in the most recent release:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/0-7-9-Inaudible-volume-levels-after-notification-trigge...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts