Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank screen on new spotify version

Solved!

Blank screen on new spotify version

I tried the new version of spotify to android 4. It seemed good at first but now i only get a totally blank screen and i can't play any music at all. I have a google nexus. I don't know what the problem is. Any idea??
206 Replies

Hi again

This morning I've been cleaning cache again, but also uninstalling some apps and moving them to SD card, cleaning data from several apps that I barely use, because updating facebook app told me that there was no enough space.

My phone has 1.13 Gb of total ROM, and there was less than 150Mb free. After cleaning I have 215Mb free and Spotify is working again... I hope it helps.

Hi guys - mine might be a fix for total dummies with crappy phones like me, but I got my cleverer friend to look at the problem, and it turns out the huge central button on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus DOESN'T close the app it just keeps it running in the background, so it seems like my Spotify was struggling to load as it was already sort of open. Anyway, I have to learn to use the slow back button to close it properly, or to open Task Manager and force close before reopening when I get the blank screen problem. Not sure if this will help a lot of you, but thought I'd share anyway!

By "make sure all application data is deleted" are you rfering toonly spotify data?

Motorola DROID3

Android 2.3.4

I really can't deal with any complicated fixes on my end such as clearing cache etc.

Please please fix the problem!

The end app with Task Manager helps, but its annoying to do it every time.

esp while driving, and i just want my music streaming... 😞

I'm sorry i have an old phone, but it works great as is!

spotify version - 0.6.0.17

Today I've found that if I mash the back/menu/search buttons for a while android eventually realizes its not responding and asks if I want to force close it.  I hit Force Close and then open spotify again and it opens.  

Not Ideal but better than going deep into the settings menu every time, for now.

--Incredible 2 (Android 2.3.4), latest version of Spotify--

Just an update/bit of data for Spotify support (and others on this board) - on this latest attempt at a fresh reinstall, I did not download any of my playlists.  My phone has 11GB free on the SD, and 600MB free onboard (more than 50% free).  I am still getting the White Screen of Grief after Spotify has been open and idle for a few hours.  Like someone else mentioned, if I use a remote application (bluetooth head unit, etc) to play music, the music plays, but Android thinks the application is not responding.

It happened again after a while when it was idle. I had to open the task manager and force to close the app and it opens again.

By the way, this may be for another thread but I found 2 more bugs:

-Selecting the quality for streaming and download: Download quality doesn't work, and the streaming quality changes the download quality.

-I can't write my username and password for Last.fm scrobbling.

Hi all from Spain.

Since the May 7 update, I have the same problem. I tried everything you say and the problem continues.

My mobile phone:

- Samsung Galaxy Y

I am having the same white screen problem with the latest spotify update. I have tried all of the troubleshooting tips and none of the work. I have an older model android device, an HTC G2 . I am running android version 2.3.4 and the most recent version of spotify. Spotify only works for 10 minutes or so, the music continues to play for a minute but all I get is a white screen. Force stopping the app only corrects it momentarily. I love spotify but it is pretty much unusable at this point on my phone. HELP!

11,000 views.... Hey Spotify, I think at least a few people are having issues with the new update.....May wanna do something?

Hi kmcelroy - I can assure you the team is on the case. For now, the more info we have the better. 

If anyone experiecing this could post the follow info it'd be a great help:

- The make and model of your phone
- The version of Android you're using
- The version of Spotify you're running

Thank you for the patience here everyone.

Same issue, I have a Sidekick 4g with Android 2.2.2 ROOTED and ROMMED to Glorious overdose v5 I reinstalled and now it wont even open. I rolled back to version .4 version of your app in the meantime. I canceled my subscription til this is fixed.

I'm guessing that there will be refunds coming for all Premium users ?

i concur. i will not be paying 10$ a month for this sort of service. i would hate to think that so little testing went into this update, or did you guys only test it on high brand name phones and yes i mean the iphone. if this persists i will demand a refund for my payment.

i have a samsung infuse -SGH-I997

gingerbread.uclb3

spotify version: 0.6.0.17

How do you roll back a version?! I would gladly do that....

Yeah, really, I'm happy to go back to an earlier version until this one is fixed.  And I do hope it gets fixed, because the filtering and seraching is awesome!

Anyone know how to roll back?

i was thinking about that earlier.. i emphasize the question how do we roll back to previous version??

I just googled android spotify older version and downloaded the first good looking one i found

Suggested posts