Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sam

Re: app doesnt work on android!

Hi guys,

What version of Android are you using? If it's an older version, can you try upgrading?
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Sam

Re: Blank screen on new spotify version

Hi guys,

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having trouble. If anyone is having this white/blank screen issue, could you tell us:

- The make and model of your phone
- The version of Android you're using
- The version of Spotify you're running

Thank you for the patience here, everyone.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Gig Goer
autobahn

I have no problems with my Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2!

Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

Hold tight, I'm going to merge this with the "blank screen" topic.........

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Festival Fanatic
Jaxxa90

I am having this issue.

-HTC DesireHD

-Android 2.3.5

-Spotify 0.6.0.17

This only started with the most recent patch.

I have found it will work the first time, with the white screen only coming up for a little wile before loading.

Then if i leave it for a while, long enough for spotify to close. The next time i come backto it spotify will freze on the white screen. And continue to do this untill i reboot the phone.

Concert Regular
rojwilco

I'm having this issue, too.  My details:

- HTC Incredible 2 (Verizon)

- Android 2.3.4

For me, too, this only started happening with the latest update.

Music Lover
chrisdean

This just started happening to me today after the latest update as well. I am also on HTC Droid Incredible 2 (Android 2.3.4).  Music will still play and I can control it with my inline remote, but I have a white screen.  Tried killing the app, asked if I wanted to force close, hit yes, and music keeps going...

I restarted my phone earlier and that fixed it at the time, but now it has happened again.  FWIW I notice it after playing music and unlocking directly into Spotify (through widget locker), but thats pretty much how I always open it, so hard to say if that's the cause.

Concert Regular
JackSparrow_111

Hi

I have the same problem as everybody in this forum. Everything started with the last Spotify update. If I reinstall the app and restart the phone i get to the login page, I have to select all the lists that I want to download. When I do it it starts, but if open another app and back to Spotify I get the blank screen, but in the Android toolbar I can see that it's downloading and the % of songs left. I have more than 9Gb free in a 16Gb sd card.

-HTC Desire S

-Android 2.3.5

-Spotify 0.6.0.17

2013-05-09_23-44-01.jpgAs you can see the notifications screen shows that Spotify is working but I can't access to the app...

Music Fan
ljyurchak

I was having the same issue with a Galaxy S Aviator running Android 2.3. stored my music on a 32gb sd card and installed the app to system memory.

Updated to the new version. worked fine for a day or two and just recently started crashing to the white screen when trying to repoen the app. (same issues i see other are having).

What I did:

1. cleared out all cached music, settings, everything.

2. removed application, restarted phone

3. Re-installed app and still had the problem

4. Then i stopped the app and moved it to the SD card via System Tuner app.

It hs been working fine for the past hour so i guess we'll see.

If you have a rooted phone try to move the spotify app to the sd card ... if you have an sd card.

if the app is on system memory and the files are on system memory then I'm not sure.

-Luke

Joe
I'm a Community Rock Star

[ Edited ]

It's looking like only Gingerbread devices are affected but guys, please do let us know what android version you are running (settings/about/android version) when you post. Thanks :)

Joe
I don't work for Spotify, I'm just here for the beer music

Check out my collaborative audiobook playlist

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.