Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blank screen on new spotify version

Solved!

Blank screen on new spotify version

I tried the new version of spotify to android 4. It seemed good at first but now i only get a totally blank screen and i can't play any music at all. I have a google nexus. I don't know what the problem is. Any idea??
206 Replies

@brirob24 wrote:
Hope you are listening Spotify!

We've escalated this to Spotify staff.

Glad to find this thread. This just started happening on my Motorola Photon--it's about 16 months old, hardly ancient.

I had exactly the same problem, and never entertained the notion that I might be nearing the memory capacity on my sd card. I cleared a few apps and files I wasn't using, and haven't had that blank screen since!

How do you turn off auto-update in the play store? I don't see the option and can't get around the white-screen issue (assuming updates are the problem; i did download from the website).

PS: Never mind: Here's the answer if anyone else wonders. But I hit the "menu" button on my phone, not what's described here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/242810-how-disable-auto-update-apps-andr...

This has just starting happening on HTC Desire S and HTC Desire HD both were updated to Spotify 0.6.0.17. (on android 2.3.5.)

Hope you get this sorted quick!

Good news! We have just released an update to the Android app which is now live on Google Play and includes a fix for this issue. The version number is 0.6.0.19.

Here's a little track to celebrate:

We very much appreciate your patience in dealing with this issue and if you experience any problems after updating, please don't hesitate to let us know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

omg it works

/faint

😉

Thank you!  I can now use the latest version and search within playlists AND sort them AND not get the blank white screen followed by a crash. App currently working great on a Samsung Galaxy Player running 2.3.5.   /happydance

Cheers!

It only bl00dy works!
Whoo hoo!

Still NOT working on Galaxy S4 

Re-install after re-install all day every day is general answer from Customer service. Try this?

Maybe at reinstall number 235 you win.

Thanks!!! Now it works!!

Another update - still same problem (blank screen) with Galaxy S4 

It worked for my HTC Desire S. Thanks!

@drraf81 wrote:

Another update - still same problem (blank screen) with Galaxy S4 

Glad to hear this is working for most of you.

drraf81- Which version number are you now seeing? 0.6.0.19 has already been pushed to 0.6.0.20, so it's worth carrying out another reinstallation to be sure. 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Thanks, now working on my Desire HD with the new update.

And you have added in a feature that I was really keen for. Thanks.

Hi Greg, thanks for your suggestion, this is something I did on the spot right upon the release yesterday, nothing has worked(in othrr words my app is uptodate). I wonder how other owners of Samsung Galaxy S4 are doing

Awesome, new update works on my Galaxy S, thanks for getting this taken care of Spotify!!! 🙂

Still not working for me - htc desire X using Android 4.1.1 now after update last week, but Spotify didn't work with older version either.
I've only just reinstalled Spotify so it's the most up to date version.

I was having a similar problem where the app would load once and function fine as long as I stayed in the app. If I exited the app and tried to re-open, the music would continue to play, but I would get the blank screen. To fix this, I had to go into task manager, kill the program, and restart it to get the GUI to work again. 

In case anyone's curious, I'm on a Sumsung Droid Charge (SCH-I510), rooted with the custom Tweaked! ROM (FP5 kernel and build, which is Android 2.3.6). 

Today's update seems to have solved the issue. Thanks!

I posted a solution that worked form me - it is unclear to me why I can not find it. This worked for Version 0.6.0.20 - on my Galaxy S4

This solution is a practical one but as I pointed out in the original post is not acceptable to me

1) delete your cache and uninstall spotify

2) delete app data (search for spotify in my files)

3) restart the device then download and install an older version from m.spotify.com on your device

4) log in (I have a premium account, I used my crentials to log in, but when prompted to link the account to facebook, accept; very annoying I know but this is how it worked for me, this turned out to be the page that the new version is haveing issues with )

5) make sure to change your facebook/app settings to correpond with your privacy preferences

6) Now upgrade via google play store

I suspect the issue has something to do with facebook intergration (login page)

I hope this time, I will find the post next time I log in

Suggested posts