Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug: Android app crashes on startup with too many playlists

Solved!

Bug: Android app crashes on startup with too many playlists

There appears to be a limit on the number of playlists supported in the Android app.  The bug manifests itself by causing Spotify to crash on startup leaving the user no choice, but to wipe the app and all sync'ed data, remove the additional playlists from a desktop app then re-install and re-sync.  It's been around for over a year and has even been acknowledged by a Spotify employee.  Sort it out.

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/android_app_crashing_due_too_many_playlists

And

These might be also the same problem:

65 Replies

Thanks a billion!

Mine works nicely! All I'm wondering is where is the last.fm support?

--

//

Tarmo

On its way ...

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I have had Spotify for a while now and a week ago updated to ICS on my Samsung Galaxy S2.

Upon opening the app this morning it automaticallyy closes and one time blocked my phone causing me to restart. I have tried the solutions in this thread but to no avail.

Anything else?

ive had this problem for about 2 months now.. and ive tried mailing the tech support about it. in the beginning it looked like theye were trying to help, gave me lots of tips on how to fix it. nothing worked, and the last couple of emails i got from them just say "reinstall spotify"
ive done a complete reset of my galaxy note, and all the other tips here, nothing happens. i will cancel my premium subscription at the end of this month for sure. ive never encountered worse customer service in my life.

Hi guys,

So I have the same issue and I've had it with the two Android phone I've had since I got Spotify Premium (more than two years ago). If I login with my brother's account it works perfect, so I figured it was my account and that I had too many playlists.

I took the time and patience to make all my playlists inside just 28 playlists (Playlist A, Playlist B, etc.). Thousands of songs in just 28 playlists...after a long time and effort I tried it and...it didn't work, of course.

I stopped doing this and assumed there was either a problem with my account speciffically who knows why or that I had just too many songs. And as I read here, it's option B.

If the solution the give is to just have less songs I think I'm just gonna stop paying for the Premium version, I can't have playlists with just two, three or five songs. Or two have just a thousand songs, it doesn't make sense and for the offline mode is horrible to manage it like that.

Has anyone tried to group the playlists in folders to see if this helps at least a little? I started to do this but decided it was better to ask before I began a new horrible and long process.

Any help will be much appreciated, otherwise I this I'm just gonna have to stop being Premium...I really wouldn't want that.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I did the following and it worked for me:

- Uninstall spotify

- Remove folder /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

- Install spotify

Hope this helps,

Sergio.

Suggested posts