Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can't move data to sd card.

Can't move data to sd card.

Hey everyone, i'm having trouble moving the spotify offline data. I've tried installing the old version and changing the directory to my external sd, but when i go into spotify and download a playlist, it still downloads to my internal storage. Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies

Hi. This post explains how to esure the cache is created on your external SD card. If you still have problems, please shout.

Followed the uninstall reinstall and my music is still getting stored to my Note 3 device not my SD card.

Hiya @Mjiacik . What android and spotify versions are you using and how much free storage is shown for your external SD card and internal storage?

Just to be sure, please delete the cache from the spotify settings screen, download a few tracks then see if the cache appears on the external SD card under android/data.

I figured it out, for Kit Kat on the Note 3 my solution was as follows...
1. Remove all Spotify from device
2. Download an older version there are many available
3. Proceed to login screen and select from lower menu to load to the SD card.
5. Change the SD card default to storage/extSdCard
6. Attempt to login.. It will fail.. This is ok
7. Go to my files - all-device storage - android - data - SELECT BY PRESSING AND HOLDING.. com.Spotify. M..... THEN MOVE TO.. SD Memory card - Android - data. Once that com.Spotify string is moved to the SD card position then all selections to offline should go to the SD Card. This is what worked for me. Hope this helps.

Suggested posts