Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can`t pass log in with facebook on my new htc one

Solved!

Can`t pass log in with facebook on my new htc one

Hi,  I've been using premium for quite a few months on iphone 4. Last week I lost my phone. So I bought a htc one an installed spotify and facebook yesterday. Facebook runs without any problems, that means i can log in with my facebook account without any problems.Now in the android spotify app i can't get pass the facebook login. The App asks me to login with facebook which i confrm. in the second step the app asks tells me that spotify wants access to the following: public profile, friends list, e-mail, birthday and hometown. I cofirm this too. But than the app brings me back to the start screen? On all other devices, f.e. on my desktop spotify runs without any problems and i can login with facebook?!

I've uninstalled and reinstalled spotify already. Further more I also went to the facebook account area (Apps) to check if spotify is listed: It is?!

Ist this a known error? Any ideas out there?

Thanks for your helping feedback! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @lisabosma Can you just check that you have the latest facebook application installed and that you can access your facebook account through it. While you're in Play, please also check that you have the latest update for Spotify Music installed (not Spotify). Then try again. If you still have issues, please post exactly what happens, thanks.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Hi,

I've seena few people having issues with Facebook logins... I think it's something on Facebook's side whch has changed.

A work-around which seems to be working is to attempt login, then on the second screen click the 'I'm New to Spotify' button which for some reason will work.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi guys!

Thanks for the suggestion @Daniel but I think clicking "I'm new to Spotify" may create a duplicate account, which we don't want to happen here.

@Joerg There's nothing wrong with your account from what I can see, so login should be possible with your Facebook details.

Are you attempting login to Spotify whilst already being logged into the Facebook app? If not, give that a shot.

Another thing you could try is selecting a Spotify link from within Facebook. Get a friend to share or message you a track then click it. It should open Spotify automatically as you're already logged into Facebook.

If you're still having trouble after trying this get in contact here and the team will help out via email.

If you get an auto-response just reply straight back to it, or let me know the Case # you get and I'll chase it up 🙂

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

@Greg I remembered seeing something recently, just found it here where others have used it to login.

Android Troubleshooting:

That's really interesting, in that case it doesn't seem to have created a second account but did grant the user access. 

In which case, I take back my previous post, give that a shot!

Thanks @Daniel 🙂 

___

New to the Community? Check out the Community newbie tips

Did I solve your problem? Click 'Accept As Solution' to help others find the answer!

Need Spotify help on Twitter? Head to @SpotifyCares

Hi Greg,

thanks for your quick response. i hav echecked if iam already logged into the Facebook App. And I am! It works without any problems.

So that could not be the reason.

I don`t really understand waht you mean with "selecting a spotify link from within Facebook". Where can I do this? I normally don`t post any songs in spotify. I have also been to the app section within the facebook app to check all settings. it seems that spotify is listed?!

Is there a possibility to log in as a new user without using the facebook log in?

THX

Joerg

Try my suggestion.

Android Troubleshooting:

Hey. THX everybody. Now it works. I just signed in by using my email adress and Facebook password without pressing facebook login and it works. Weird but okay...

Indeed that is odd, but glad you're in.

Happy Spotifying 🙂

BTW - If you could mark your work-around as a solution it'll a) ensure people don't continue to try to help resolve the issue and b) if anyone else has the same problem they can easily fond the work-around.

Android Troubleshooting:

Help please! I've tried all of the above and it'a still not working. When I try to open a shared track from Facebook it redirects me to the Play Store, logging in with my e-mail gives me the error "this e-mail is used for a facebook account. Try logging in above via Facebook" (translated, the app gives me the error in Dutch). The "I'm new to Spotify" thing doesn't work either.
Marked as solution

Hi @lisabosma Can you just check that you have the latest facebook application installed and that you can access your facebook account through it. While you're in Play, please also check that you have the latest update for Spotify Music installed (not Spotify). Then try again. If you still have issues, please post exactly what happens, thanks.

Thank you so much! I thought I already had the newest update of Facebook installed since it's a new phone, but I was wrong. I updated FB and it didn't work at first, but after reinstalling Spotify again I could log in smoothly. Thanks again!

Ah great to hear. Enjoy your music 🙂

Hi! im having trouble logging onto Spotify on my iphone 6 and my andriod 6 edge. it logs into my mac perfectly just not on my phones, ive uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times but still nothing has changed 😕

Suggested posts