Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi

Solved!

Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi

I have Spotify Premium mainly due to the fact that I can listen to music on my phone aswell, but for the past week it has been telling me that I'm in offline mode, which won't allow me to search for songs on Spotify or transfer my updated playlists off of my computer onto my phone. This is extremely inconvinient as I like to have new music on my phone all of the time.

My phone make is the HTC Desire.

Thanks.

39 Replies

I can't listen to music because it says that I'm in offline mode.. What should i do? I have tryed to re-install Spotify..

Sounds good, but did not do it for me... On Android 4.1.2, Galaxy Nexus Yakju

Definitely worked for me and I've got a Samsung Galaxy S III running 4.1.1. (:

I've never used Spotify... first install, first use... BROKEN.

Now that I can actually see/use the app by switching off Wifi... I guess I will poke around some more, but this bug that's been known for a long time and still not fixed is a terrible sign.

I was hoping to switch from Rhapsody because their Android app has been bad for years, and it's only getting worse.  It appears Spotify also has little to no support for Android... this really sucks.

Help I dont want to loose my library..star list!! it wont let me in!! HE:P

This is incredibly frustrating and I'm about ready to cancel my premium subscription. I hear rdio.com's mobile service works great. 

It's even more frustrating that there are so many of these comments and Spotify is doing nothing to address the issue. 

Hi. I see that the last post in this thread was 3 months ago and most are from last year so I think your conclusion may be invalid. Anyway let's try and get you working. As a first step, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this post.

As for Joe's comment below. Hope is a wonderful thing, Joe, but in this case it is misplaced.  I have exactly the same problem as everyone else has reported. Clean reinstalls change nothing. It still places me offline. It would be nice if Spotify corrected known faults in their fastest growing route to market, but what do I know?  

Re: Constantly says I'm in "offline mode" even though I'm connected to WiFi
[ New ]

Hi. I see that the last post in this thread was 3 months ago and most are from last year so I think your conclusion may be invalid. Anyway let's try and get you working. As a first step, please follow the troubleshooting steps in this post.

Joe

It's August 21, 2015 and I am having this problem on my HTC One M9.  It's a constant problem, and I cannot find a fix.  I can play a playlist (where none of the songs are saved locally) but cannot search because it says, incorrectly, that I am offline.  If I cannot fix this, I am cancelling my premium subscription.  I am hoping that someone from Spotify is monitoring the list and providing a workable fix for this ridiculous problem. 

Add me to the list of those having this issue. Spotify is completely worthless on a mobile data connection. I am having the same issue on Android. When using mobile data, I can only play one song, and then it tells me I'm offline and won't reconnect. Each time this has happened I've had a strong LTE signal. The only way to listen to one more streaming song is to clear user data and cache and log back in. Then it does the same thing all over again. Also, if I try to choose another song on the album in this state it says song not available.

Pandora, Tunein and Slacker work just fine. Seriously considering dumping my subscription.

Edit: This seems to have started on Sunday.

Edit 2: I am using a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900T on T-Mobile w/Lollipop 5.0

Here as well, 

when i am on wifi the spotify incorrectly says im offline. When i am on mobile data connection, spotify is online. The combination on online wifi and online mobile data connection incorrectly uses mobile data connection even though i am connected on wifi. When i turn off the mobile data connection the spotify is immediately offline even though i am online on wifi. Sorry to be blunt here, but that is seriously stupid.

Mobile: Sony Xperia Z1 (Android 5.0), Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (Android 4.4)

Does Spotify work on your desktop?

I think that Spotify is blocked on your Wi-Fi.
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Troubleshooting-connection-issues/td-p/1...

Try using the method above.

I can speak to you in English, Español, Français, Italiano, 日本, 普通话, 廣東話, 한국어, Tiếng Việt

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
I'm not a Spotify official! Just here to help!

Yes, spotify works on my desktop(s) actually 3 of them.

Same network, same configuration, 3 different wifi's (even tried the neighbours one even though he doesnt know that), same thing happens in work on wifi there.

Spotify desktop app works flawlessly everywhere even on notebook connected on that same wifi.

PS: I'm network administrator in my company, so i know about configuration and stuff, can even provide router logs if needbe. (if that can help)

Writing this as a reply, after update from Google Play issue is gone.

this still didn't work 😞

Guys,

This has been happening for three years and still not fixed? Galaxy S6 Edge - can pop over to your office and show you if you like 😂

10/26/15. I've been getting this same message for at least a month now. I don't remember it happening when I wasn't a premium member though. Do they start ignoring you because you've already paid them? Cmon Spotify. This problems seems to have started a couple years ago already. Do I need to cancel my service and find a better source?

It didn't.

Why can't they tell us what's going on I'm not going to erase all that I have ad far as my music, there has to be a easy way to get back on line.

You are boss

Suggested posts