Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Downloaded playlists keeps redownloading

Solved!

Downloaded playlists keeps redownloading

Hello all, 

I have multiple playlists available for offline play, but every time it seems like spotify deletes the songs by itself and I have to go on wifi to redownload them.. I did a complete clean install (deleting app, with all the folders and rebooting etc) and the problem is still there. I tried normal,high and extreme quality.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with CM10.2 in combination with a 64GB ext SD. 

Spotify version:0.7.3.636.ga3aacdd3

PS. I am not using this account for premium. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There doesn't seem to be any permanent fix...you'd have to create a new account of get in touch with Spotify to see if they can do something with your account.

qw3rt33

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

How will creating a new account fix that issue of Spotify redownloading your playlists that are already downloaded? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app even with the latest update so will creating a new account fix that issue?

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Nobody knows?

So are those local files you have synced over to your device? Do you have any other apps on your device which might be removing the Spotify cache (space saver sort of things!)? 

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes playlists I made available for offline play.

Nope, no "Space savers" .

Since it should be available shortly, can you update to v0.7.4 and see if that makes any difference? 

Peter

Still ocuring after the update. already reinstalled my ROM. And clean isntall of Spotify, can the guys at Spotify reset the account? it is: dunkindo

The guys can reset your offline devices if you drop a post on this topic

Peter

Hi,

I've got pretty the same problem... My offline playlists are dowloaded regularly, and when I switch to offline mode, the playlists are fully available for some time, even after quitting the application and re-entering it after a few minutes. However, after some time (half an hour or so), when I re-enter the Spotify app, some playlists are marked grey, i.e. as not offline available. It can be a complete playlist and it can also be that there are only some songs in a playlist "missing". The problem came up only recently, on my mobile phone as well as on my tablet. I didn't have this problem before. The problem only occurred since I got all my offline devices reset (a few days ago) and I resynched all playlists. The problem essentially touches playlists containing local files, but it also touches Spotify songs as such.

Yes, I have a Task Killer app, but as I say, this problem never occurred before, so I'm not so sure that the Task Killer is the problem. Moreover, it doesn't clear the cache.

Would be great if you could help me out here as soon as possible. Thanks a lot in advance!

Photographer

Okay, I solved that problem on my own, in my own way, since I haven't got any support here so far.

I created a new account (which means I had to recreate all my playlists), but at least, it does work now. All playlists seem to donwload properly and to stay downloaded in offline-mode.

So this was clearly not an application issue; it was an issue linked to my account; What it really was, I will never know. Which means that the technical problem as such still remains, If others encountered it as well.

How do you clear this issue of Spotify redownloading your playlists that were already downloaded? This just happened to me today, and it keeps happening, anyway to fix this?
Marked as solution

There doesn't seem to be any permanent fix...you'd have to create a new account of get in touch with Spotify to see if they can do something with your account.

qw3rt33

Marked as solution

How will creating a new account fix that issue of Spotify redownloading your playlists that are already downloaded? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app even with the latest update so will creating a new account fix that issue?

Does Spotify customer service even exist? Tried every suggested solution to stop songs from dowloading every few minutes. Extreemely annoyed .Causing phone to over heat from constant downloading.  Is there a phone number to contact Spotify? 

You'll find ways to contact Spotify on the "About" page.

Suggested posts