Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

HTC Desire C, Android 4.0.3 - App won't start

Solved!

HTC Desire C, Android 4.0.3 - App won't start

Hi,

I'm using Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 on my HTC phone.

I've had spotify on it working fine for a couple of months but recently I sent it off to get the screen fixed. They obviously wiped all the data and apps and stuff which I knew they would but when I re-installed spotify through the Play Store I found a problem with it. It didn't come up to log in, and straight away it cam up as a white screen with just 'spotify' at the top but nothing else.

I've followed the instructions on the troubleshooting page for android but that did nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 10 times, switching the phone off in between each time and taking the battery out. It's exactly the same every time.

Personally getting really annoyed and thinking about cancelling my subscription if this isn't sorted soon, haha I'm not wasting my money on something that doesn't work lol!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, I believe this error occurs when you don't have an SD Card inserted but your device can have an SD card 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

RebeccaDJ - Liam's right, if you could try adding an SD card, it should get it running.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Marked as solution

Do you have any audio effects or equalizers running? What happens if you disable gapless playback and crossfade in the settings as well as changing the streaming quality?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, I believe this error occurs when you don't have an SD Card inserted but your device can have an SD card 🙂

Marked as solution

RebeccaDJ - Liam's right, if you could try adding an SD card, it should get it running.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

Aww great guys thanks for your help! 😄

No worries 🙂

I have tried multiple times to download Spotify Free to my Galaxy S4. When trying to play a song, I get the first note then nothing. Same for the next song and the next. I've rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, shut down....help!

@Meach5 - Does the track continue to play in Spotify but with no sound or does playback actually stop?

Peter

Track continues to play. I get no sound. 

Marked as solution

Do you have any audio effects or equalizers running? What happens if you disable gapless playback and crossfade in the settings as well as changing the streaming quality?

Peter

Yes, I had Equalizer for Android downloaded. Uninstalled  it and it now works great! Thank you very much !!

Suggested posts