Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

Solved!

How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

I am having a recurring issue.  Randomly my Spotify app, on my Droid X, will go into Offline Mode.  I have 3G up and running and cannot find an option to switch to "Online Mode".  Does it exist, or is Spotify failing me?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

spotify settings -> Offline mode switch to "off"

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Can you not disable it in Spotify > Settings > Offline Mode?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

44 Replies

There sure is. Go to "More..." in the lower right corner and select Settings - There should be an option called "Offline Mode" or "Force Offline" at the top. Here, you can toggle online and offline mode.

Airhorn Enthusiast

I am having the same problem... When I toggle the "Offline" check off, so that I can operate in online mode, nothing happens.

Hey!

You might want to try installing the Preview version of the Android app right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast

This happens to me on occasion, and I've found that if I log out of the Spotify app then log back in it clears it up. Hope it helps you too!

Despite having 'Download over 2G/3G' set to On my Spotify on an Android mobile didn't attempt a connection this morning. Turning this setting and others off then on didn't cause it to connect. However, when I used some other data service on 3G (I used a web browser) it caused the data connection to start, and Spotify promptly went online too.

@matt1596 wrote:

Despite having 'Download over 2G/3G' set to On my Spotify on an Android mobile didn't attempt a connection this morning. Turning this setting and others off then on didn't cause it to connect. However, when I used some other data service on 3G (I used a web browser) it caused the data connection to start, and Spotify promptly went online too.

Hmm - that's pretty odd. So basically, as soon as another app opened up an internet connection, Spotify followed it and connected too? 

Airhorn Enthusiast

I am having this problem and there is no "More" button in any corner! I tried going to Preferences but I couldn't get it to go online!

I have become a premium member today and have tried to play my playlists offline but it says my offline licence has expired. What does this mean? And how do I resolve it? Please help

thats pretty much how mine works ever single time. this app is so wonky.  i have to toggle offline mode on and off ever single time and log out of skype and back in to get the skype app to work.  just downloaded the new version for galaxys2 and its not turning on at all.  any fixes? im really annoyed at this point that i went for the update.

Ditto. Galaxy sII not going online at all. No "more" function either.

My spotify app is also always saying that my offliine liscenses are expired. I continuously have to log in to renew them and then when I turn my phone off and on they're expired again! I'm really upset that I updated the app and I can't go back to the old functionality. I've been particularly irked because I like to use this app when I'm on planes and I've had to pay to get on American Airlines wifi just to get to my downloaded playlists that should already be available. Please tell me that there is a fix for this!

how do put spotify back on line?
Marked as solution

spotify settings -> Offline mode switch to "off"

Sorry, but there is no "more" in the lower right corner. What o I do now?

I have spotify desktop and I logged off then logged back on and I was off offline mode

@epickilljoy wrote:

I have spotify desktop and I logged off then logged back on and I was off offline mode

Try toggling the Offline Mode option in the File menu at the top. 

If that doesn't help, try the steps here.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Same here!

@RachaelS Same here what? And from a previous post it looks like you have an iphone, in which case posting full details of your issue in the iOS section is likely to be more fruitful.

I am stuck as I can not get the the disable offline mode of my htc phone, I can not find a more button and and follow people comments on the help page.. do not know what to do..

Suggested posts