Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
codroh
Accepted Solution

How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

I am having a recurring issue.  Randomly my Spotify app, on my Droid X, will go into Offline Mode.  I have 3G up and running and cannot find an option to switch to "Online Mode".  Does it exist, or is Spotify failing me?

Spotify
David

Re: How Do I Switch from "Offline Mode" to "Online Mode" on my Mobile Device?

[ Edited ]

There sure is. Go to "More..." in the lower right corner and select Settings - There should be an option called "Offline Mode" or "Force Offline" at the top. Here, you can toggle online and offline mode.

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
gewitzke

I am having the same problem... When I toggle the "Offline" check off, so that I can operate in online mode, nothing happens.

Spotify
David

Hey!

You might want to try installing the Preview version of the Android app right here.

-----
Spotify
Concert Regular
karmamule

This happens to me on occasion, and I've found that if I log out of the Spotify app then log back in it clears it up. Hope it helps you too!

Music Lover
matt1596

Despite having 'Download over 2G/3G' set to On my Spotify on an Android mobile didn't attempt a connection this morning. Turning this setting and others off then on didn't cause it to connect. However, when I used some other data service on 3G (I used a web browser) it caused the data connection to start, and Spotify promptly went online too.

Spotify
David

matt1596 wrote:

Despite having 'Download over 2G/3G' set to On my Spotify on an Android mobile didn't attempt a connection this morning. Turning this setting and others off then on didn't cause it to connect. However, when I used some other data service on 3G (I used a web browser) it caused the data connection to start, and Spotify promptly went online too.

Hmm - that's pretty odd. So basically, as soon as another app opened up an internet connection, Spotify followed it and connected too? 

-----
Spotify
Music Fan
EmilySmith5751

I am having this problem and there is no "More" button in any corner! I tried going to Preferences but I couldn't get it to go online!

Music Fan
meerkatxwarrior

I have become a premium member today and have tried to play my playlists offline but it says my offline licence has expired. What does this mean? And how do I resolve it? Please help
Music Fan
theycallmenikki

thats pretty much how mine works ever single time. this app is so wonky.  i have to toggle offline mode on and off ever single time and log out of skype and back in to get the skype app to work.  just downloaded the new version for galaxys2 and its not turning on at all.  any fixes? im really annoyed at this point that i went for the update.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.