Concert Regular
pauldoo
Accepted Solution

How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Since a recent Spotify update, I seem to have lost the ability to add a whole album to an existing playlist.

I have noticed this problem since Spotify updated on my mobile to v0.5.0.1247 (I don't know what version I had prior to this).  The overall changes are a great improvement, but I miss this feature.

Does anyone know a workaround?  (Perhaps this function is accessible somewhere I haven't noticed)

Thanks,

Community Legend
licenced

Re: How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

No its missing. Only way to do it now is either song by song or via the desktop app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Garage Band
gavinsend

Re: How can I add whole album to existing playlist? (lost since updating to v0.5.0.1247)

you can't do it. 

spotify decided for you that you don't want to do this. 

Community Legend
Afront

cat1.png

If they continu to act like this, I seriously consider to cancel my premium subscription !

Music Fan
nsmith54321

I spent 45 mins this morning trying to add albums to an existing playlist before I Googled the question. This is very inconvenient SPOTIFY! Please go back to the old way. Also, how about a setting allowing you to toggle between alphabetical playlists and most recent?
Gig Goer
hishmacla

Spotify, please can you add this functionality (back) to the mobile app? PLEASE?!

Music Fan
Dv8angel

Please please... I rarely use my computer, please re-add the function back!
Music Fan
justocker

Its surely too dumb that they missed this by mistake. The cynic in me says there's a commercial reason they removed the 'Add album to playlist' button. Since they did, its made me use spotify a lot less, but I'm still paying so maybe its working out for them = same subs revenue but less royalties is more profit. Not a good sign whichever it is.
Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

[ Edited ]

Option isn't removed.

add album as playlist.png

Click "New Playlist" or add to one playlist you already have. Need to check where or if this option in Android.

I use mobile app just to listen radio or my playlist, I update my playlists at home when PC and big screen.

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.