Festival VIP
Musichead4444

How to get internal and external sd card to show up on the spotify software.

Only my internal sd card shows up on spotify. How do I get my internal and external sd card to show up. 

Gold Streaming Artist
hpguru

Re: How to get internal and external sd card to show up on the spotify software.

Hey!

Welcome to the Community.

1. Open Spotify in your mobile
  2. Go to “More”, “Settings” and select “Clear saved data”
  3. Press More and then Log Out
  4. While at the login screen, press the hardware Menu key and select SD Location
  5. Enter the path to a folder on the SD card

Finding the exact path to your SD card can be done with a file manager.

Hope that helps!

Spotify for music listening, user since April 2009. Netflix for movie watching, user since July 2013. 100M/5M cable modem and 50M/25M mobile network. Pimp your life with streaming everywhere!
Music Fan
The_Franco

SD card Read Only

Recently, i get the error message 'SD card connected as read only' when i startup Spotify.

Never happened before, but apparently without changing anything this happens now everytime i start up spotify. Anyone knows how it can be solved (and how it possibly started?).

Hope to hear you!

Gig Goer
lamianne

Re: How to get internal and external sd card to show up on the spotify software.

do you know a file manager for an HTC Wildfire?

Community Legend
licenced

lamianne wrote:

do you know a file manager for an HTC Wildfire?

You could plug it into your computer and browse over USB. Alternatively download one from the market - e.g. Astro, ES or Linda

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Fan
ollie78

Hi,

I've followed the steps on this site to get my external sd working on my Galaxy S2:

http://www.julian-young.com/2011/04/21/finding-the-spotify-external-sd-location/

And I'm having this exact issue: 

Note:  For those that keep getting logged out and/or losing the SD Card setting. It seems there is a hidden xml file in the dbdata folder (which we can’t get access to unless your phone has root access) called spotify_preferences.xml

I don't have access to the root folder...

I did not however clear saved data as described in this post. Will this do anything to fix my problems?

I saw a comment in this post about getting both internal and extarnal sd to show up, don't I have to choose between the two? So when I set the sd location to external it only saves data there and don't know the internal one exists? 

Music Lover
power2uth

Hi everybody. New to the forums.

When I first installed the new Spotify beta I was able to enter the path to my SD ext card. However, after downloading a couple of hundred songs, I could see that the music wasn't being stored there but on the internal memory. So I have followed direction on this forum to enter the path again. The problem is that when I get to the login screen and click on the Properties menu (is that the name for the hard button furthest to the left that is supposed to bring up the dialog to set the SD path?), nothing happens. My phone (Droid Razr Maxx) vibrates, but the dialog doesn't come up.

I have root access and there is no spotify_preferences.xml file. I have tried clearing my cachse, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and rebooting again, but I still can't get that dialog to open. It's scary because I haven't been able to find anyone else with that problem on the web so far. Any ideas?

Community Legend
licenced

The beta doesn't have this option. Best bet is to uninstall and install the Spotify app from the Google Play Store, and use that to enter the location. Ensure it's working before updating to the beta app.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Lover
power2uth

Will try. Thank you!

Festival VIP
Musichead4444

I want to use the external and internal together at the same time. I have 8 gb on internal and 5gb on external. So I wanna use both.

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.
If you'd like to join, please make sure you read the attached pdf file and fill out this form:
Please log in (or register) to see the link.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.