Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Legend
licenced

Re: How to get internal and external sd card to show up on the spotify software.

Hi. That's not currently possible I'm afraid. Potentially good idea though so maybe post it to the ideas forum
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Festival Fanatic
wakeupjon

Re: How to get internal and external sd card to show up on the spotify software.

Hello,

I recently just purchased a 32g SD card for my Samgsung Captivate Glide in hopes that I could store all my Spotify offline files on it, instead of my 3g of internal memory (I need that memory for basic functions of the phone) - However none of the steps in this thread worked on my phone. I'm given zero options as to where the stream-files are saved and am very frustrated.  Any help?

Most applications allow me to move apps from 'Phone' to SD Card, however this is not an option in the Applications Settings.

Community Legend
Stupify

[ Edited ]

It is currently not possible to change the location where your offline files get stored.

A horrible omission from a music app, I shall say.

Festival Fanatic
wakeupjon

I'm speechless.  The external SD card was very expensive and it's sole purpose was to store a large amount of music for my trip to Israel, where I will be without access to pretty much everything. Also, for the two long flights.  Wow.  

Is there any sort of 'hack' if I root my cellphone? Or something of that nature?  This is really bumming me out as I listen a lot of music...

Music Lover
REDandroid

hi, was wondering if you could help.

Everytime I use Spotify to troubleshoot for such problems as above, the instructions do not match up with my spotify UI on my android Galaxy S2.

For instance when you say

• Open Spotify in your mobile
  • Go to “More”, “Settings” and select “Clear saved data”
  • Press More and then Log Out

when I go to settings, I do not have the option to "clear saved data" It's simply not there.

Also offline playlists does also not exist on my playlists and I do not have the option to sync offline.

Any help would be appreciated.

Community Legend
licenced

The instructions still have not been updated to the latest release. There is no clear cache option in the settings any more - you need to do this instead from.the android system setting under the Apps section
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Music Lover
REDandroid

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated

Gig Goer
Kvold

Hi!

I have uploaded a video on youtube showing the workaround for this case.

I also noticed that when formatting the SD card the folder path for the External SD Card gets lost.

So then you have to do the steps again!

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQ1HVYVzLw&list=UUaGwtRsRnn2bZPsnlKQfZWg&index=3&feature=plcp

Festival VIP
Musichead4444

When I tried to download the file I got the windows can not download file message

Festival Fanatic
wakeupjon

Appreciate the help, hope a working link pops up sooner than later :) Every time Spotify updates, I cross my fingers that it will allow SD storage.

I can't help but think they removed this for a reason from the mobile app. Maybe they didn't want us having 32g of music on our phones from them? :p

Announcements

Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.