Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to stream Spotify wireless to Pioneer XW SMA4-speakers from my HTC One?

How to stream Spotify wireless to Pioneer XW SMA4-speakers from my HTC One?

How can I stream Spotify to Pioneer SMA4-speaker wireless with HTC connect from my HTC One?

I can stream Spotify wireless with my wifes iphone to this speaker with Airplay.

This Pioneer speaker supports bots Airplay and HTC connect.

It is only problem with streaming Spotify to this speaker, when streamin a MP3 from Music library on this phone aren´t it any problems at all.

Thanks in advance,

Tobias

4 Replies

Not really too sure what the issue is or how this speaker connects. 

I know that using this speaker you can't use 802.11n wireless networks. Do you know what you're using for your home network? You'd have to login to your router and check what you're running. 

You can find out how to do that at this page http://skyangel.wikidot.com/emulators

You may need to change the way your wireless is broadcasted to use the android. Maybe a far shot but who knows!

Let us know if that works!

Hi. Only the built-in music app supports HTC Connect. Spotify doesn't support this, nor does it support Airplay or DLNA and as the A4 doesn't seem to support bluetooth, streaming from spotify won't be possible. You could contact Pioneer and ask them if they are planning to add Spotify support to their firmware at some time in the future.

good info man. thanks for the heads up

Thanks for your answers.

I can use this speaker with my HTC one when I listening to Internet radio with Pioneers control app. Also stream music from my library in the phone works fine. So I can connect with the phone to the SMA4-speaker. The problem is that I can´t stream Spotify to this speaker.

It has to work, I can stream  Spotify wireless with my wifes iphone with Airplay to this speaker.

When I start listening to a Spotify-song on my phone it sounds from the phone. I miss a button were I can chose to stream wtih HTC connect to this Pioneer speaker instead of listening on the phone.

http://www.pioneer.eu/se/content/products/htc-connect.html

Suggested posts