Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II

Solved!

Ice Cream Sandwich on Samsung Galaxy S II

The official update of the Galaxy S II to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich is due this weekend! From Samsung's FAQ:

(3)   Application compatibility

• In ICS OS, few applications  downloaded from Android market or other will not work because they are not optimized in ICS OS
  • If the application from Android market is not working in ICS,  you may notify application developer

Will Spotify be one of the few that "will not work"? I'd like to know before I hit the update button, as I'd rather maintain the legacy version of Android if that's the only one that'll run Spotify.

So, if you have a Galaxy S II and upgrade to ICS, please reply to indicate whether Spotify is working! Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Installed the official ICS 4.0.3 update for my GS2 a few hours ago. Everything seemed to work fine with Spotify until I tried to play one of my local files. None of them played, only immediately crashed spotify. Reinstalled the app and resyncing the files fixed that issue.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

HTC have started sending out updates to some of their latest models, a friend of mine got an "over the air" update to his HTC Sensation XE just yesterday.

HTC will also start selling their new models HTC One X, One S and One V on the 1st April. All these models come with ICS.

Regarding your question asking will Spotify be one of the few that will not work? I think we already know the answer to that one. It's obvious to see from the posts here in the Community that while some things might work, Spotify in general does not play nicely with ICS.

Yep, I can second that. For me it works ... as long as I am happy wiping the cache/directory or reinstalling every week or two then resyncing all my playlists. Seems different for everyone though so you fare better, or worse.

One thing is for sure though ... if you do upgrade and experience any issues, Spotify will deem your handset 'unsupported'.

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

iam running ICS 4.0.1 and it´s not working for me. I have  tried to reinstall the application with no success.

iam able to start the application but cannot scroll in my playlists and cannot play any music.

And if i chose New and click on any artist/song i only get a popup saying add to playlist or Done.

Please help !!!

@Afront - If you're expecting an ICS update for Galaxy S II this weekend, I think you might be disappointed. Take a look here...
http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techcrunch/~3/aX_wR4ZLAy8/

I'm running the CyanogenMod 9 version of ICS on my S II. The app is unstable but works 80% of the time. Takes forever to sync and usually crashes while syncing. YMMV

Follow this link: Spotify for Android 3 & 4

And push that idea to the top with your Kudos. Thats the only way.

Well, ICS was released for the samsung galaxy S II today:

Still no news from spotify considering an update (atleast officially)

Some unofficial info here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Android-client-update-unofficial-info-ICS/td-p/21007

Equalify developer/owner
Marked as solution

Installed the official ICS 4.0.3 update for my GS2 a few hours ago. Everything seemed to work fine with Spotify until I tried to play one of my local files. None of them played, only immediately crashed spotify. Reinstalled the app and resyncing the files fixed that issue.

I posted on my blog Some Suggestions to Get Spotify Working on Ice Cream Sandwich. Personally, Spotify is "mission critical" for me so I will not upgrade to ICS until there's an official fix.

I have updated to ICS 4.0.3 and Spotify opens ok.... for a few seconds and then closes. No error message or report, just nada.

Download and install the preview release: http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Thanks a lot for that link, mine also crashed on startup.

Suggested posts