Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps crashing on Samsung Galaxy S III

Keeps crashing on Samsung Galaxy S III

Just got the new Galaxy and am new to the Android scene - was wondering why music keeps stopping randomly and the app seems quite buggy. Has anyone else noticed this?

Also the app seems to stop playing music after about 10 mins of leaving the phone alone. Could it be an app killer that is automatically closing Spotify, thinking it's an un-used open app?

All help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

11 Replies

this started happening to me yesterday on my gallaxy s 2, only that everytime i tried logging in it kicked me out after 2 seconds and i would have to keep logging in evertime. i assume that theres a bug in the system against samsung smart phones and that there will be an update soon. 

Hey do you already tested new preview.

http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

The ICS beta update is great, and does not appear to crash (yet) on a Galaxy S3 S III. 

However, I believe that it is not possible to force the beta update to store music files on the SD card. This is an issue - even with 16 gb of memory, Spotify fills it up pretty quickly!

This could be solved by allowing users to select an external SD card for storage, as with the official (old) release. 

NB - with a Samsung Galaxy S3 storage, it also appears not to be possible to move the Spotify (or any) app to the external SD. 

Not sure I understand the last two replies but does anyone know if there will be an update to fix this?

To get the new app to store music on the external sd card install the old app first and use the option on the login screen to set the location. Make sure its right as you don't seem to get a warning if it isn't. Then install the preview release over the top and I think it will use the same location
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Phone: Galaxy SIII

I had 3 problems:

1. Crash during play/startup.

2. Spotify Windows app wouldn't recongise phone as a device.

2. Freeze during sync.

Problem 2 "cured" itself after 11 restarts of PC and phone.

Problem 1 and 3 have not returned since I installed the Preview version. 

Method described by "licenced" work correctly. Install official version, at login, set SD card, then install Preview - all working.

Will see if it crashes again and update if it does.

Sidenote: not a fan of the new layout - seems very... well... grade-school art project... it's a lot more responsive, but less eye-candy.

Tries the method outlined above using the old version - but cant find folder i.e. mnt/extSDCard. Anyone else been able to get it on the SD with an S3?

So things worked for a while... then I received a swarm of updates (multiple in short succession) - now... it's broken!

The following no longer works:

1. When saving a "Download" list, it keeps the tracks on my phone for less than 24 hours - then I have to re-sync... SERIOUSLY!? I re-sync, it keeps it for 24 hours and it's wiped again... this has not been fixed.

2. Spotify on PC no longer finds my device under "Devices" - havn't change the PC or the Phone - only the spotify upgrades...

In short - I'm now paying for a service that I can no longer use.

VERY upset!

it's on /mnt/ExtSdCard

It seems case sensitive....

Very disappointed with Spotify. Concerning there lack of support and communication. I have a Samsung mini S4, which threw the free trial period has worke fine. I have now just made my first payment and can no-longer play music. Have tried a range of things but to no avail. The music is showing on the phone but shaded (DEAD).

Wish I had known about the lack of care Spotify "DONT" show....but they will not be getting another peny/cent/Euro out of me !!!

Bit suss that it int work on the end of the free trial.

STAY CLEAR.

John

We can try and get you up and running if you like?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts