Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kindle Edition apk download

Kindle Edition apk download

I got a premium subscription now and since I have a Kindle fire tablet lying around, I would like to install Spotify on there.

Unfortunately trying to download the apk seems only possible via the Amazon App Store the one that doesn't work for anyone outside the US. Is there any way somebody could give me a download link or is the Android 2.1+ Version the exact same one.

I get most of my apps for kindle form different stores but I guess the Kindle Edition has all the right fixes and I simple cannot get it via the store.

Maybe somebody could download the apk and give me a dropbox link or something. I just need that darn apk.

5 Replies

I'd rather not have apks flying around these here parts. I'd also rather not have people mentioning xda right here..oO

Community Ergo Sum

@Goodman wrote:

I'd rather not have apks flying around these here parts. I'd also rather not have people mentioning xda right here..oO

In that case I suggest you give the poster a solution to their problem, otherwise what you don't want to happen is going to happen anyway maybe not here, but in a private message or on xda (whoops sorry for mentioning xda, darn I did it again).

What difference does it make. The apk is free anyway.

I tried the one that can be loaded on m.spotify if you use a desktop browser.

It seems to work fine and with proper proportions except for the blurry icon.

Why not add the option to download the kindle edition for those that want to sideload.

Or well any edition there is. It isn't illegal or anything. There is no hacking no nothing involved.

On the kindle one just has to enable sideloading and somehow get a hold of the apk.

Steve, you ruined a perfectly good and subtle hint. Please get over yourself and try to read between the lines every now and then.

Yours truly.

Community Ergo Sum

It was a little too subtle.

I got what I asked for on xda.

There is though something new. The poster ensured me that he got the Spotify Kindle Edition which he downloaded from amazon on his stock Kindle. It seems to be exactly the same as the one from m.spotify.com, with the same issues.

Is this ever going to be fixed.

The worst is that Spotify simple refuses to rotate (upside down, when the tablet is upside down).

The default orientation is poor because the hold button and head phone jack is at the bottom which makes it difficult to put in any stand. Every other application rotates just fine 180° but Spotify doesn't. I think that is some serious issue.

For a Spotify for a Kindle App there should be an HD app icon too. Minor issue but still it shows that there was zero change to the app. Spotify isn't that young anymore to just ignore such bugs and the Kindle did sell a lot in the states.

I think this is really odd because all kinds of apps without any compatibilty for the Kindle rotate just fine. I get all my apps from a store that is not intended for the Kindle at all but for standard Android hardware and they work.

Does Spotify never rotate on purpose?

And why are there no playlists in the search results like they are on the desktop? Okay a bit off topic but still strange.

Suggested posts