Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files "not available"

Local files "not available"

I bought the new Black Keys album and downloaded it to my PC. I imported the album into a playlist in Spotify and made it available offline. It syncs to my Galaxy S4 just fine, it just won't play the songs. All songs say "This track is not available" when I try to play it in my phone.  Interestingly, the one song that does play is their single "Fever" which IS available on Spotify. What's the deal? Am I missing something? I thought the whole point of making playlists available offline was to essentially download that playlist into your device and be able to listen to it whenever.  I may be off on that, so can someone tell me whether something is wrong with my phone or I just totally have this whole thing wrong! 🙂

5 Replies

Hi,

To sync offline tracks from your comptuter to the device you need to do the following:

1) Connect your phone to the same Wifi network as the computer

2) Go to the 'Devices' Tab on your computer to make sure it's connected

3) On your phone, toggle the offline mode button to on and the offline tracks on your computer should sync up

Are you doing that? If you are and it's still not working, try a quick Clean reinstallation of Spotify.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I have done all of that. I even tested another playlist and that downloads/becomes available offline just fine. It appears it's these purchased albums that are the problem.

@Ari214 wrote:

I have done all of that. I even tested another playlist and that downloads/becomes available offline just fine. It appears it's these purchased albums that are the problem.

Hi,

Have you checked to see if the files are DRM protected? You can do so by following the steps in this link.

mp3val will anylyze and repair various mp3 problems. Might be worth a shot http://mp3val.sourceforge.net/

Anthony

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I followed the steps and the files are not protected! Grrrrrrrrrr. I guess I could give that mp3val thing a shot but why would these files be corrupted? I mean, it's not like I downloaded the album from some random site. I purchased it directly from The Black Keys website. Seems crappy that I'd pay full price for an album and have to deal with all this trouble 😞 

THANK YOU so much for your  help. I'll let you know if I get anywhere!

Clean reinstallation did it for me. Thanks!

Suggested posts