Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Moving music to sd card without hardware menu button

Moving music to sd card without hardware menu button

Hello,

I've read the instructions to move music to an external sd card in several other posts here.

5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatically.

5b start the application, click on your phones menu button, press "reset spotify" en press ok.

6. still at the loginscreen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"

I have an Evo 4g LTE, which does not have a hardware menu button. Is there any way around this? Maybe I have to wait for the next release, but is there any way I can (unofficially) finagle it to point to my SD Card?

Thanks

5 Replies

@user-removed wrote:

Hello,

I've read the instructions to move music to an external sd card in several other posts here.

5a start the application, log off in case you get logged on automatically.

5b start the application, click on your phones menu button, press "reset spotify" en press ok.

6. still at the loginscreen, press the menu button again and select "select SD Location"

I have an Evo 4g LTE, which does not have a hardware menu button. Is there any way around this? Maybe I have to wait for the next release, but is there any way I can (unofficially) finagle it to point to my SD Card?

Thanks

Hi, this IS NOT supported in the new version of the spotify app, and there is no emny option.

So, no - this option is not available at all.

As Liam said, this option is not in the new version. Only way to do it currently is with a little hack - you need to find an old version (0.4x) of Spotify that had this option - install that, set the location, download a couple of things to make sure the setting works. Then install the latest version from Play without uninstalling the old version - the setting sticks and new downloads go to the SD card.
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

@licenced wrote:
As Liam said, this option is not in the new version. Only way to do it currently is with a little hack - you need to find an old version (0.4x) of Spotify that had this option - install that, set the location, download a couple of things to make sure the setting works. Then install the latest version from Play without uninstalling the old version - the setting sticks and new downloads go to the SD card.

Thanks for educating me 🙂

do you know where i could get a (0.4x) version of Spotify ive looked everywhere but cant find one? I've got the Sony Xperia L with no hardware menu buttoon!

You'll have to search google for old versions but why do you want it when the current version from Google Play should work just fine on your phone. This thread is ancient and spotify automatically defaults to using an external SD card if that is the optimum location. If you already have spotify installed and using internal storage, just follow the instructions in this post.

Suggested posts