Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need Help...Stationed in Japan with a Japanese HTC EVO3 and cant get my Spotify back!!

Solved!

Need Help...Stationed in Japan with a Japanese HTC EVO3 and cant get my Spotify back!!

Please if there is anyone in here that knows how to install, or knows a loophole, or work around the get the Spotify Mobile App to a Japanese cell phone i would would be very thankful. I am currently stationed at an Air Base in Japan and Soptify Mobile has never been compatible with my current phone HTC EVO 3D from the AU/KDDI network.  I had found a way to install it but cant remember how i did it and 3 days ago and i had to do a full system restore and lost my app.  Now i can not for the life of me figure out how to get it back on my phone. I tried the customer service for the Google Play store but they dont know either. I dont know if it is possible to get it back but i am willing to do whatever it takes (Hack,Jailbreak?, or whatever to get it back.  Without Spotify from now on every time i get in my car to drive anywhere i will die a little inside that i cant just choose whichever song i feel like listening to at the moment. I have the Premium sercive but now that i cant iinstall the App on my phone i guess i will need to change it....unless there is someone here that can help me. I am no where near computer savy or good with software type things, I am just a plane mechanic who wants his music back. Thank you in advance to anyone that reads this and tries to help.....Thanks for your time- SSgt Daniel Troy, USAF

Spoiler

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes that is correct. Connect your mobile to your pc, then you can drag the .apk file to your mobile device.

Save it at a location that you can access via the file manager that comes with android.

With file manager I mean the "Own files". The icon looks like a folder most of the times. Then browse to where you have saved that .apk file and open it!

If you get an error message you have to go to the settings of your mobile device and allow 3rd party applications to be installed.

(Every app that is not officially from Google play store).

Edit: But doesn't it work when you point your mobile browser to m.spotify.com?

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Give yourself some credit. If you can put a plane back together, surely you can use the internet to figure out how a proxy works 🙂

Community Ergo Sum

Hey!

If you use your phone internet browser and go to m.spotify.com you should be able to get it.

If that doesn't work you could try to install one of the .apk files you find in this topic.

I dont even know what a proxy is..so it could be tricky but i will google it thanks

Thanks for the links bro!   but i dont know what to do with an apk file after i download it. Do i just drag it to my phone ? or is there something else i would have to do first?

Marked as solution

Yes that is correct. Connect your mobile to your pc, then you can drag the .apk file to your mobile device.

Save it at a location that you can access via the file manager that comes with android.

With file manager I mean the "Own files". The icon looks like a folder most of the times. Then browse to where you have saved that .apk file and open it!

If you get an error message you have to go to the settings of your mobile device and allow 3rd party applications to be installed.

(Every app that is not officially from Google play store).

Edit: But doesn't it work when you point your mobile browser to m.spotify.com?

Hell yea!!! It worked your a life saver bro...i didnt read the part about doing  the m.spotify thing from the phones browser. It worked.  Thank you so much i feel like i just got an arm re-attached again lol. I Appreciate though. Good Lookin out. Later man 

Awesome! Glad it's working again! 🙂

Enjoy!

Suggested posts