Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything

PlanFree/Premium DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 12 My Question or IssueOn Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to add it your episodes, the "Add to Your Episodes" does not do anything. It looks really novi...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free/Premium   Device Samsung Galaxy S10+   Operating System  Android 12   My Question or Issue On Android, if you follow the notification for a podcast and try to ...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Album cover is really low quality

The album cover is okay on the main page and the now playing screen, but its low resolution on the notification controls when the song plays in the background. | Device : Redmi 9T | Operating system : MIUI Global 12.0.9, Android 10 | Country : Poland...

• Regular
  • The album cover is okay on the main page and the now playing screen, but its low resolution on the notification controls when the song plays in the background. | Device : Redmi 9T | Operating system ...
  • AlejaR
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 1 likes

Repeat/Shuffle button not appearing as well as lyrics button on Alpine Android Car Infotainment

DeviceAlpine Android Car infotainmentOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssuePreviously it used to work fine but for a few months now, the music player (main window/canvas) does not show the Repeat or Shuffle buttons. It also doesn’t show the lyr...

• Device Alpine Android Car infotainment Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Previously it used to work fine but for a few months now, the music player (main window/canvas) does ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Is Car Mode officially gone!?

I cannot find Car Mode in my settings anywhere. I uninstalled and re-installed the app. Updated my phone and the app. Still no Car Mode available. I relied heavily on this feature as a professional driver. What makes it worse is that the app wont sta...

• Visitor
  • I cannot find Car Mode in my settings anywhere. I uninstalled and re-installed the app. Updated my phone and the app. Still no Car Mode available. I relied heavily on this feature as a professional d...
  • Bassoonicorn
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Jam session

Cant join each other's jam session invites tried send through various methods no luch

• Visitor
  • Cant join each other's jam session invites tried send through various methods no luch
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Unusable

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceGalaxy S21Operating SystemAndeoid Version 14 One UI Version 6 My Question or IssueSpotify has been lagging for awhile. It would say it was offline when it wasn't, songs just stopping and restarting minutes later, nothing wo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Galaxy S21 Operating System Andeoid Version 14 One UI Version 6   My Question or Issue Spotify has been lagging for awhile. It would say it was offline ...
  • Joan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

What's new doesn't show new music anymore

When I have new music I know has released and can see it on my spotify it doesn't show up in what's new so i'm probably missing a lot of releases

• Visitor
  • When I have new music I know has released and can see it on my spotify it doesn't show up in what's new so i'm probably missing a lot of releases
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot download Spotify app on new Android phone

PlanPremiumCountryItaly DeviceMoto g32 Operating SystemAndroid 12 (I think) My Question or IssueI recently bought a new phone (moto g32, which apparently runs on Android 12), but in the google play store, the Spotify app displays "Your device isn't c...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Italy  Device Moto g32  Operating System Android 12 (I think)    My Question or Issue I recently bought a new phone (moto g32, which apparently runs...
  • Bekm80
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Missing buttons and icons

PlanPremiumCountrySlovakiaDeviceXiaomi Mi 11 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 12, MIUI 13.0.6 My Question or IssueThis happened to me a while ago. One day I opened the app and buttons and some icons were missing. I didn't care much because I knew where so...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Slovakia Device Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Operating System Android 12, MIUI 13.0.6   My Question or Issue This happened to me a while ago. One day I opened the app and but...
  • nevzatyilmaz
  • Regular
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 31 replies
  • 2 likes

The Spotify APP for Android SUCKS

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Performance issues samsung galaxy s20 FE.

The app is REALLY slow whenever i try to search for songs, change songs and so on. Have tried to clear cache and data, deleted alot of playlists and downloaded songs and redownloading the app but nothing works. Please help me

• Visitor
  • The app is REALLY slow whenever i try to search for songs, change songs and so on. Have tried to clear cache and data, deleted alot of playlists and downloaded songs and redownloading the app but no...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trying to play but it's showing discovered a premium feature.

I've all my playlists but I can't play the songs just the preview is playing and sometimes it's showing empty or whenever I'm trying to play some other songs it's showing discovered a premium feature...

• Visitor
  • I've all my playlists but I can't play the songs just the preview is playing and sometimes it's showing empty or whenever I'm trying to play some other songs it's showing discovered a premium feature...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

the mobile application does not work

everything works fine on the desktop, but the app on the phone doesn't work correctly. all the data of my account is saved, but the settings are reset, any single track isn`t available to me, my playlists are displayed on the main screen, but they ha...

• everything works fine on the desktop, but the app on the phone doesn't work correctly. all the data of my account is saved, but the settings are reset, any single track isn`t available to me, my play...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my Spotify take so long to open? When I open Spotify it offline

Every time I open Spotify it takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to start functioning. It says it's offline and then it eventually goes online and I'm able to click on a song. Even when I first open it I'm not even able to play my downloaded stuff

• Visitor
  • Every time I open Spotify it takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to start functioning. It says it's offline and then it eventually goes online and I'm able to click on a song. Even when I first open it I'm ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

2013 Kia Soul shuffle turns off if I use steering wheel buttons.

I have to push the button on my phone screen if I want to skip a song and keep shuffle on. Is there a way to fix this?

• Visitor
  • I have to push the button on my phone screen if I want to skip a song and keep shuffle on. Is there a way to fix this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs showing up repeatedly and changing after scrolling

I have four of an artist's albums saved and downloaded but I've downloaded them from the artist's liked songs area. When I'm offline and I go to play them it doesn't display all the songs, instead showing some of them up to 4 times. After scrolling d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have four of an artist's albums saved and downloaded but I've downloaded them from the artist's liked songs area. When I'm offline and I go to play them it doesn't display all the songs, instead sh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Android Waze App - Spotify has a "weird" button

I wonder if anybody can advise. When I'm using Waze on my Android phone, I have Spotify playing and then hit the Spotify button I get a pull down menu showing what's currently playing and controls - but there's a weird button on the left. When I pres...

• Composer
  • I wonder if anybody can advise.  When I'm using Waze on my Android phone, I have Spotify playing and then hit the Spotify button I get a pull down menu showing what's currently playing and contr...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Waze
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Android widget not working

PlanPremiumCountryChileDeviceSamsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1Operating SystemAndroid 14My Question or IssueThe widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 (the issue comes since One UI 6.0) and the Spotify version is 8.9...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI 6.1 Operating System Android 14 My Question or Issue The widget is not working for me. I have a Samsung S23 Ultra with One UI ...
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Não estou conseguindo ouvir minhas músicas offline mesmo já baixadas

Já tentei todos os métodos possíveis ditos no site do próprio Spotify para solucionar meu problema mas ainda não consegui

• Visitor
  • Já tentei todos os métodos possíveis ditos no site do próprio Spotify para solucionar meu problema mas ainda não consegui
  • Adriana26242405
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes