Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New update (0.5.3.56) available at Google Play

New update (0.5.3.56) available at Google Play

A new update, version 0.5.3.56 is available at Google Play.

New features are:

• Better reporting of why you are offline
  • NFC sharing on ICS
  • Audio effects on ICS

Fixes:

"More crashes and bugs are now history" is all it says!

No word at all on if the most complained about bugs like being able to put the cache on an SD card or the increased amount of data usage that many are experiencing, are fixed.

Maybe someone from Spotify could comment here and be a bit more specific about what the bug fixes actually fix?

56 Replies

@ISIS;

Just FYI - the needed APK-files for the old spotify app is still available in this forum and you can always upgrade to the newest version after specifying the install path (on your external sd-card).

Eventhough, I agree that it sucks donkeys balls to uninstall, clear cache, install the old version, specify the install path, upgrade to newest version and _THEN_ syncronize your entire catalogue again.... :@

@eLGen - yeah, done all of that, except for downloading it all over again. I just hope it really is storing things on my SD card.

HTC Sensation ICS

I was waiting for the new version since I thought it would have had the features that were asked, and what were accidently removed when the program was re-written.Only addition I saw was the EQ, but I already had that.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997/...

That has the collected older versions. 180 is the most stable and has the feature for SD card + others.

UPDATE:

I just updated the collection to have the current version also available easilly.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the latest firmware and android 4.0.4. When i go ti the EQ settings and enable i automaticly get the Bas Boost and 3D-Sound features enabled. I just cant for the life of me manipulate the sliders. Just doesent work.

Could you not at least make a patch so if screen size >7" then the iPad style landscape is supported? I'm having to rely on another rotation app to make Spotify even usable on my tablet. It's not as big a deal on phones but on tablets (especially the transformers) it's ridiculous- imagine a program on your laptop not working in landscape!

Supergregg - On the Android device I tested it on, there should be a option for a number of EQ presets - Rock, Treble Booster, so on. Are you not seeing that at all?
Airhorn Enthusiast

Hey,

What rotation app you use, I would like to try one.

Look for Set Orientation in the Play store
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I'm using Ultimate Rotation Control on my Galaxy Note... can be customised and added quick sets for diff modes, auto or lock rotation...

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

There is new bug in this app version: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/Need-help/td-p/142238

App does not download playlists to Offline when user have 4.1 ICS. In 4.0 and 2.3 this works like a charm.

This is already reported to Spotify, mods, managers, superusers or founders, just check our Private area.

Its clear from all the press headlines of NFC NFC NFC that spotify is only after the attention grabbing headlines by adding gimmicky functionaility to the app, rather than delivering an app that the current users would like.

Does the 'Private area' have all the issues being looked at from previous threads, or is that just one of two issues with the new functionaility?

@Supergregg wrote:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and the latest firmware and android 4.0.4. When i go ti the EQ settings and enable i automaticly get the Bas Boost and 3D-Sound features enabled. I just cant for the life of me manipulate the sliders. Just doesent work.

You need to plug in your headphones, the options aren't available on the device's main speaker.

Community Ergo Sum

Well, after installing an old version etc, etc, etc and synchronising with my PC I now have a whole load of downloads obscurring my nice folder structure. Of course what I should have down is go to my nice folder structure and downloaded from there. Sheesh. There seems to be little point synchronising anymore.

I am the same have a.Desire S running ICS and can't get the audio effects NOTE the Desire S does NOT have beats audio!

I am glad that I am still on Rdio, works great.   Bluetooh shows the text of the song., i get updates all the time, with little fixes in bugs, makes me happy to know that things are being worked on!  Landscape mode works great!  they do not let you save on SD card also, but i just mount the piint and it works fine. but in most cases, it seems to work better! 

I have tried paying for Spotify 3 times, and after 1 month and each update, I just cancled.  not happy. why will they not get on it.  They get all this press, but such a crap product. 

Rdio also has a cool (albit a little limited ) web page that lets you listen without software!

Rdio FTW, Spotify - nope!

Is it just me who has a problem of getting out of the "Offline"-mode in the new version, even if I have a stable Wi-Fi-connection?

It's good to see the 0.5 re-write is coming along nicely and new features are being added BUT I'd prefer the old features 0.4 had that 0.5 doesn't to be added back first.

Personally I just wish Spotify 0.5.x had local MP3 file support. It's a royal PITA to have to now use two music players (Spotify and MP3 Music Player) or mark for download albums I've already got stored locally, wasting storage space nad bandwidth.

Note I don't mean local MP3 sync. I totally dislike how Spotify renames the MP3s to a set of numbers and dumps them all in a single folder. Spotifty used to scan my SD card and link MP3s with Spotify music, as the Desktop program still does.

It is good Spotify is a lot less buggy though (not that it's perfect, it's started randomly pausing for no good reason).

Suggested posts