Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Solved!

No matter what I do, my playlists WON'T DOWNLOAD!

Hi! I have this annoying problem with my Spotify. It wont let me download my playlists? I have reinstalled it several times, cancel the download again and again, tried the beta version, removed other playlists that might have effected it, removed songs, removed memory from the phone, tried friends networks, banging the phone to the ground, screaming at it and it still doesn't work. I feel really ripped of because I'm not getting what I'm suppose to from the app. And i know that there is something wrong with the app becuase it doesn't work no matter what I do. What should I do to FIX THIS?! Spotify sucks chimp d*ck right know.

And please Spotify staff, please don't act surprised with these kind of problems. I'm not the only one.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I got it working! 2 factory resets and a clean SD card did the trick. The first time i did a factory reset it didn't work. The second time, i choose to erease all of my data on my SD card at the same time. That is what you have to do. If you want to keep everything, do a backup before. Ok,

1. Backup everything you want to keep.

2. Do a factory reset and erease/clean you SD card at the same time.

3. Download Spotify first thing when your phone is fully working again. Don't download any other apps while you are downloading your playlists just incase.

4. Download/sync all your playlists.

5. Put everything back again if you want your files which you made a backup of.

This worked for me, doesn't mean it will work for all of you. But it should! Sounds hard, but since it seems like Spotify wont release a fixing update this is what you have to do.

Peace!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

True, I like your theory... Now if only I could get a salary from Spotify 🙂

Right, so that's the issue. Spotify free doesn't allow offline listening. Please see the thread Subscription Comparison Chart for a comparison of the different subscription levels Spotify offer.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

155 Replies

Hello.

Are you trying to sync over 3G or Wi-Fi? Are you trying to sync tracks from your computer or directly onto the device?

Airhorn Enthusiast

That's right!

You are NOT the only one.
I'm getting very frustrated..

Same problem here, worked fine until about a month ago. It's really infuriating.

same here. i will not pay my hard earned money for some **uh-oh**ty service. This is getting ridiculiuos

BOTH! 3G, Wi-Fi, computer, phone. I'm really dissappointed on your new version, but I think you can fix it! Well i hope so. Old spotify was much better, even had Local tracks. This new version only have the looks, otherwise it's ridiculous and money wasting. I would really appreciate if you made a new update which fixes all of these bugs. Thanks!

- HTC Desire HD

I'm having the same problem. I had a problem with my offline mode, but now that's fixed. But when I go to a playlist I want to download to my phone, the download never starts. I've tried it w/ or w/o 2g/3g option on, same result.

I'm having the same problem suddenly! I upgraded to Jelly Bean and now I can't download in Spotify.

Hello.

I'd recommend a clean installation first of all - every step will need to be completed to make sure it's a fresh version of Spotify. 

1. In your phone, go to "Settings" » "Applications"» "Manage applications"
2. Choose Spotify
3. Press 'Clear Data' to erase the cache
4. Press Uninstall to remove the app
5. Restart your phone
6. Install Spotify once again through Google Play, or by visiting m.spotify.com in your device's web browser

The version you should be installing should be version number 0.5.1.15. 

In order to sync playlists, browse to the playlist you wish to sync, tap on it, and then select the Available Offline option at the top. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Still not working, something is really wrong. I may have to switch to another music app til you fix a new update. Which i hope is soon because as you may have noticed, i'm not the only one with this problem och other kind of problems with your latest release.

[COPIED FROM THE JELLY BEAN TOPIC]

Well, it is working now.

I'm not sure how i did that, but spotify started to work on the morning after i installed Jelly Bean.

I know something happened when i launched google play music and played a few tracks, 'cause spotify suddenly started to synchronize my playlists, and then it stopped, and it's only on the morning after that spotify restarted its synchro.

I restarted my phone a lot of times too.

Now, Spotify is working great.

I hope this will be helpfull, and good luck !

Its not working for me as well. I am switchin to another music app until this is fixed

I don't get this. Is "synced" the same as "download playlist"? Because the problem I have is that when I go to spotify, I'm online and everything is running, I then click on ANY playlist, click that giant green "download playlist" button at the top of the playlist, the playlist goes into the "downloaded" section in the playlist menu, it may even briefly show a percentage of download completion (which is always 0%) before it goes away, then when you click on that playlist again, that download progress bar doesn't EVER move, it remains at 0%. I switch to "offline mode", and EVERY PLAYLIST is greyed out, meaning no music in offline mode. So, no, I guess my playlists aren't "syncing". I used the steps outlined earlier to remove and reinstall spotify, and there's no change. What now? I'm burning through gigs of data using this app, that is becoming increasingly not worth the trouble.

Well Similar problem, but at least i can download 4-7  tracks per playlist, when i have 50+ in each 

Yes! I had the same stuff before spotify started to work fine.

Close the app. Disconnect Wifi. Restart your phone. Play a track with Google Play Music. Start Spotify. Connect Wifi.

Nah same problem ... At least now I got 6 songs on a playlist I had 4 before -_- and is the one I listen to at the moment due to it having all my favorite tracks 

I am experiencing this problem as well. I have tried the precise steps of uninstalling, restarting phone (HTC Desire on UK Orange) and re installing (v. 0.5.1.15) to no avail. Beofre the application update I had no problems. It is immensely frustrating to pay for a service which does not work. Please could Spotify suggest another solution, or ill also have to cancel my account.

Clearing data and cache and reinstalling hasn't worked, and I've tried it multiple times. And to clarify: I'm having problems with Spotify not downloading in the mobile app. It is not syncing that is the problem.

I completely agree with you

Only had my phone for about 3 weeks but first week downloading lists worked just fine. 
When I tried recentely however the download got stuck at 0%, maybe 2% tops for some reasson.

What I did to get it working again was to go into spotify's settings page on my phone and switch
on "download over 2G/3G" wich has "recommended setting off" written underneath it.

This worked for me but I know next to nothing about smartphones and mobile connections
so chanses are this ain't the solution for the specific problem brought up in topic.
However as people with similar problems tend to drop into topic via vauge search phrases
I thought it might help someone atleast. 

Suggested posts