Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline playlists won't play (premium user)

Solved!

Offline playlists won't play (premium user)

Hello,

I am a Spotify Premium user, using a HTC mobile and I can't play any of my offline playlists in offline mode anymore.

I checked that they actualy are set as offline and they are, the library is present on the SD card (it had been downloaded a few months ago).

I read that offline content is only availble for 30 days, so I went online but problem remains when I go back to offline mode.

Also, in the playlist list, offline playlist symbol is a grey arrow (while it used to be green before).

It seems that streaming a song makes this song available offline and solves the problem. So it's like the link between Spotify and the cache files is lost...

Have I missed something? Anyone has some idea of what to do?

Of course, I'd rather avoid synchronysing all the songs again as it really is too much data...

Thanks for the help! 🙂

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A few days ago I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify on my device, and so far it's working fine again.  Hopefully that's not something I'll have to do often, or that will get really annoying very quickly.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I just did the same, uninstalled the app from my phone, then reinstalled, and it seems to be working.  What a pain! I hope Spotify comes up with a fix quickly!

View solution in original post

37 Replies

I am a very new Premium subscriber and am about to cancel.  I'm having a similar problem.  I thought I could play from my playlist without being online.  I'm getting the message on all my playlist selections that they cannot be played offline.  I'm also somewhat frustrated at not being able to contact anyone about this, meaning no telephone number.  I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify on my phone (Samsung Captivate, Android 3.2.5), but that made no difference.  Help!

Hi again.  I meant to say, in my previous message, that my phone's operating system is Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread), not 3.2.5.  I hope I hear a resolution to this problem very soon.  Otherwise, I will cancel my new subscription, as the main reason I upgraded to Premium was to play music on my Captivate from the playlists OFFLINE, which I cannot do.   I also thought the first month was free, but once I upgraded, I could find nothing indicating the one-month trial period.  Looking forward to a response soon.  Thanks much!

I'm having the same issue.  Using the Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 which also uses Gingerbread.  I also have the problem where Spotify keeps telling me I'm offline when I'm actually connected to the internet, and then on top of that when I try to play music I have designated as being available offline, I get an error message telling me that the tracks aren't available offline.

This is the reason I upgrated to Premium also, but there's no point in it if this can't get resolved.

I'm on a Samsing Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 (Android version 2.2.1) with Spotify version 0.4.12.180(41200180) and I'm having the same problem with no solution.

I've synced my offline playlist several times with my wifi-network at my home and when I'm away from home the playlists is actually avilable as offline playlist for a while but after a number of hours or so, the green arrow turns into grey and when I try to play a song from the offline playlist I get the error message "You cannot play this track offline". When I get home and connect to wifi again the offline-playlists re-sync automatically. It also seems like the re-sync faster than they did the first time I synced the playlists, like the files still are on the phone and needs to be reorganized through wifi fore some **bleep** reason.

I've checked my disk usage in Spotify>More>About and it says that I've used 445 MB (23%) of total storage, so it appears that kiork says that the cache files are not lost, but the link between them and spotify.

This is of course very annoying as you also think, sinse the offline mode function is one of the main reason why people upgrade to premium.

Either do I know if this a setting issue or a bug fixing issue, but as far as I can guess it's probably a bug fixing issue that needs to be fixed by Andriod developers by upgrading software.

Same issue here.  

Spotify android client alwyas displays "You are in offline mode".  There is no messaging regarding any failure to connect.  I am able to use the Spotify desktop client and WD HD Live client without issue.

When Spotify mobile client is in offline mode, I am unable to play offline playlists which is quite bad.

Marked as solution

A few days ago I uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify on my device, and so far it's working fine again.  Hopefully that's not something I'll have to do often, or that will get really annoying very quickly.

Marked as solution

I just did the same, uninstalled the app from my phone, then reinstalled, and it seems to be working.  What a pain! I hope Spotify comes up with a fix quickly!

THANK YOU DOES IT REALLY WORK IM PREMIUM USER HAVING SAME ISSUE NONE OF MY PLAYLIST WILL PLAY ..SO U SAY UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL WORKS AND I CAN USE MY PLAYLIST?IM IN OTHER COUNTRY TRAVEL  BUT PROBLEM, STARTED IN U.S A THANK YOU

Hey!

I have the same issues like you guys.

I upragdes to spotify premium to listen to music with offline modus on my alcatel one touch easy, android 2.3.6 "gingerbread".

Its kind of random when offline playlists are really available offline or not.

I also tried this whole standard clearing cache, uninstall, reinstall and the whole "We dont care about your problem, but it is the easiest way to keep you (the customer) occupied to find the solution to your problem on your own"-thing.

It is okay do let the community solve problems other users are having, to a certain extent.

From a certain point, and as this problem seemingly occurs frequently this point has been reached a long time ago, spotify itself should comment on our problems.

And please not just in the clearing cache and reinstall and ... kind of way. For that I dont have to look up a solution in a forum.

Maybe my little monolugue got the attention of a spottify employer to answer that, otherwise I will not prolong my premium account.

greetings

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Are you getting the issue where offline playlists won't play, or the similar issue where offline playlists appear to get undownloaded?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

having the same issue, its annoyingn and rather frustrating, been a premium subscriber for a few days and this is not at all tempting me to keep the service. I was on mog and never had this issue, if this isnt fixed by the end of the month ill move back to mog and stay there. They offer the same same service/collection of songs as you do, the only difference is they seem toc are about customer service. 

Hi,

I upgraded to premium to listen to my playlists offline while away ( still in UK)

It didn't work. It worked on my laptop but not on my Kindle, which is the device I took with me.

I love Spotify but had a musicless holliday 😞

Did you download the playlists for offline listening before you left? Was there any error message?
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I also uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify on my device (sony experia, android 4.04), infact several times allready. But its NO SOLUTION (as said), it's still not working for me. Somebody any other ideas about fixing?

@bartele wrote:

I also uninstalled and then reinstalled Spotify on my device (sony experia, android 4.04), infact several times allready. But its NO SOLUTION (as said), it's still not working for me. Somebody any other ideas about fixing?

Hi. Can you please share a little more information:

• Spotify version
  • What is not working and whether you get any error messages

Thanks.

This is rather frustating.  I have the same problem and can't be solved by uninstall and reinstall.

Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2, Spotify 0.6.4.47

No error message but no audio when music is supposedly 'playing'.

HELP!!!!!!!!

BTW, some of the playlists aren't downloading neither when it's online mode and with connection.

Sucks.

What spotify version are you using on the android?

Nexus 4, Android 4.2.2, Spotify 0.6.4.47

I can't play in offline either. If you hear anything, let me know. Thans

Suggested posts