Help - Android

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gig Goer
DavidEerdmans

Problem with skipping songs in new Android app

I am using the new Spotify Android app on my Samsung Galaxy S Plus. The app looks great and has a much better interface than previous versions.

However, I do have an annoying problem. I often put a playlist in 'shuffle'-mode, and when I'm finished listening to a song I will skip through songs at a rather fast pace until I find another song that I like to listen. So I browse/skip (don't know what the correct word would be) through songs by swiping over the album covers.

In the new app, when I stop skipping songs because I see a song that I like, the app will often not start playing that song, but some other song (often the previous one, sometimes the next one and sometimes it seemes like a completely random other song). This mostly happens when I skip through songs at a fast pace, but does also occur when I do it more slowly.

I find it rather annoying, as it makes it hard to select a new song to play. Is this a bug, or something that will be solved in a new update? Or is there something I can do to solve this?

Thanks.

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.