Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Requesting and looking for older version APK for older Androids:

Requesting and looking for older version APK for older Androids:

Hello all! I have a portable music player running Android 2.3. Certain circumstances have made it so that I can not use Google Play so I have to rely on APK files to intall Spotify onto my player. I was able to find an older post from several years ago but the versions of APK only reached to 0.5.3 which is far outdated. Unfortunately the latest APK file with the latest version will not work with my device for some reason, regardless of it saying that it is for Android 2.1+ (another user is having the same issue).

Is there an archive in where I can download older APK files of Spotify that's not ancient like 0.5.3? Thanks in advance!

-SGTMe

2 Replies

As far as I know currently version Spotify should run fine on 2.3 even if you don't have google play.

If you download the apk from https://m.spotify.com/us/?group=android using the manual install link does it work?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter, thanks for the reply! My Android device doesn't have a browser, I believe the previous owner removed it. When I download the APK file from the link it throws an install error code. I forget the exact words but it's what Android throws out when you it's not compatible.

It could very well be the DX100 player itself and other 2.3 ANdroids have no issues, in my case it doesn't work. I have an Ibasso DX100 PMP and currently have 0.5.3 installed (and working).

Suggested posts