Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Music Fan
atc1989
Accepted Solution

Search User Playlists in Spotify Mobile

Hello,

I'm wondering why there is no way to search for user playlists on the mobile app. If there is, please tell me how to get there. I downloaded the spotify mobile app to be able to listen to other user's playlists easily. If I can't, I won't be purchasing it.

Thanks,

Adam

Music Lover
RumblePack

Re: Search User Playlists in Spotify Mobile

I'd also like to know if this is possible or if this is going to happen? This would make me go back to using RDIO.

Community Legend
licenced

The only way at the moment is to search and subscribe from the desktop app and then you can listen from the mobile app
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Concert Regular
godofglow

This is no solution, only a very dirty workaround.

Come on guys, some little features:

> landscape

> search for playlists

> a web based player (only a player, not more)

> radio on mobile

Festival Fanatic
pyramus

I agree: this is not a solution for the OP. Searching user playlists in Spotify mobile is just NOT possible

Music Fan
mecomc

[ Edited ]

Actually, it is doable only in the Blackberry platform.

To search you just start typing while in your playlist, it searches both the artist name or song name. 

I just switched over to Android and it is very frustrating to loose functionality.

Music Fan
warman

Well it IS possible in the RDIO  Android app... so is landscape!  

Time to switch!

Music Fan
thesladev

Another option, still not ideal: Use your your android web browser to search for the playlist you want. Open the link, probably something like open.spotify.com/user/<users name>/playlist/... the web page that opens should have an option to select "i have spotify".  Click it to launch the app and you can subscribe or just listen from there.

Music Fan
theoriginalfath

Get chrome to phone on your web browser and phone. If you find a playlist on your computer, hit chrome to phone button and on your phone you get an option to open it in spotify. Set that as your default option the first time you do it and the whole thing's easy as pie! :)

Music Fan
JLG86

And is it not even possible to do on an ipad? (i.e. you HAVE to have a desktop to be able to do it?)

Announcements
Rock Star Program
Want to be a Rock Star?
Read about our Rock Star Program.

Beta test Spotify for iOS
Hi there.
Would you like a chance to beta test upcoming versions of Spotify for iOS? If the answer is a resounding "yes!" then please click here to read more.

Did you know?

More

Please bear in mind that the Community is not an official Spotify support service. It's a place where we all help each other, whether we work for Spotify or not. So please use your discretion when using the forum.